Polishing Pad selection chart

samuir1974

Hi All - thought to post this up on our forum; i'm sure many will have new DA's/Polishers to start with in the New Year.

This chart summarises the main pad suppliers, types and options on offer in the market at the moment.

Perhaps the Admin team can make pin this towards the top of the section if useful  :thumbup:

So - this should enable a clear comparison for you to purchase new pads and select accordingly.

Enjoy!

PS: - Anyone who took up my GB on polishing pads should reference the Hex-logic column for approximate comparison.

pad-chart-hq_zps23ec322e.png

• Like 3

A good find and post Steve

Pad selection can be a pain

I must point out though...Always start with a softer pad than you think you need and if thats not working..move up another level

All car paints are different..'generally' Skoda paint tends to be Medium hardness..so a medium pad works well on light sctratches and swirls together with a mild abrasive polish...like Sonax 4/6

or Scholl S17+

Look here: CLICK

This Pad guide helps a lot to address that

Looks good, is there a better quality one available somewhere?

Want to print it out etc, looks a bit fuzzy.

Its from Detailing World

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=F0D1EDF6AB3DA7B2!43099&ithint=file%2c.pdf&app=WordPdf&authkey=!AMLtqFDB969EGK4

OR

Here: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=340846

• Like 1

PS: - Anyone who took up my GB on polishing pads should reference the Hex-logic column for approximate comparison.

Confused.com.....Mine were not Hexalogic pads you supplied in the group buy Steve.

Did I get different ones from other buyers?

No Chris. He means that the colours supplied from the GB relate to the same colours of the hex logic pads in the chart.

Thanks for covering that in my absence Ben - i have not been on the forum for a few days.

I trust it is clear for the special one and all on the GB list.  :thumbup: