Bargain Nilfisk C110.4

J306TD

That's a low price for that machine....BUT, to make the best use of it for car cleaning, I'd want the 8m.hose (5m. is way too short IMO) and the two (car-specific) nozzles that Nilfisk do, that are included in some dearer packages. I wouldn't want to use the nozzles provided with this machine on car paintwork.

That's a low price for that machine....BUT, to make the best use of it for car cleaning, I'd want the 8m.hose (5m. is way too short IMO) and the two (car-specific) nozzles that Nilfisk do, that are included in some dearer packages. I wouldn't want to use the nozzles provided with this machine on car paintwork.

Agree on the hose length...but you can buy an extension

However.....

The nozzles provided with the lance are fine to use...with common sense

There is another which is used for cleaning Patios, which is too harsh

Interesting comment, so what nozzles do I need to make it more friendly to cleaning my Yeti? A link would be beneficial.

Tony

Well, there's the wide fan jet on this:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1912403.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:18091943125|tsid:59156|cid:189934285|lid:96719615605|nw:g|crid:61293023245|rnd:11366287175650517834|dvc:c|adp:1o1

and this, specifically for underbody:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1909973.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:18091943125|tsid:59156|cid:189934285|lid:96719615365|nw:g|crid:61293023245|rnd:4282017543980676555|dvc:c|adp:1o5

(I wouldn't be getting them from Argos though!)

Interesting comment, so what nozzles do I need to make it more friendly to cleaning my Yeti? A link would be beneficial.

Tony

This is the kit I got over Christmas when they had it on offer at £19.99, http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nilfisk-automotive-cleaning-kit-n17qk

I emptied the cleaners as advice on here said they were a little aggressive, and filled up with better gear in the bottles from stock I already had.

One nozzle alone was 19.99, so it made sense. You could have a hunt round the net and see what offers are about now you have the kit number, but as Chris has said, the standard nozzles are well up to the job provided a bit of common sense is used.

I have the 2 above, but the price to buy seperate is stupid. The easy option if you don't want to pay out for the wide fan is to just hold the lance a bit further away from the car. The 90 degree underbody one is useful though as you can get into the area immediately behind the edge of the wheel arches.

I have the 2 above, but the price to buy seperate is stupid. The easy option if you don't want to pay out for the wide fan is to just hold the lance a bit further away from the car. The 90 degree underbody one is useful though as you can get into the area immediately behind the edge of the wheel arches.

+1, used my standard kit that way for a year before I got the kit above at Christmas. My standard kit came with a jet nozzle and a fan nozzle as standard, so just used the fan nozzle on it widest setting and stood a bit further back.

• Like 1

IIRC you mugged some poor unsuspecting bloke on another forum for it at a give away price! What type of spray pattern does it have Chris, is it a flat fan or a conical spray pattern as it's £40 with the postage and the small 90 degree nozzle I've got has a flat spray pattern..

cheers

Ade

After doing a search on my favorite buying site I,ve managed to get the Nilfisk click & clean & autocleaning nozzle for £16.99 including free delivery.

Tony

Could I trouble you for a link please, or the site name? I don't think they are precious round these parts about naming sites as you as there is no vested interest.

Hi the item number was 151547071354 on E/Bay, had a look and this must have been the last one from this seller. I have found another one item number 271483120421 from a different seller, same price £16.99 but £2.00 postage, so it is still cheaper than Argos.HTH

Tony

• Like 1

Hi the item number was 151547071354 on E/Bay, had a look and this must have been the last one from this seller. I have found another one item number 271483120421 from a different seller, same price £16.99 but £2.00 postage, so it is still cheaper than Argos.HTH

Tony

I'm sure the machine comes with one of those anyway.

Flat fan Ade

I would still have paid full price for it..Its a country mile better quality than others described here

Cheers, there you go again, trying your best to spend my money!

What's the fan like compared to the usual nozzle you use-does the water come out at a similar pressure or is it a lot lower like the 1 I found on amazon above? The 90 degree nozzle I have comes out at high pressure, which I like, it's just a bit awkward to use and I've had nozzles fly off before now when they didn't quite reattach properly particulary in cold weather, which using your lance would stop

consultants normally charge an extortionate fee, where as sponsors are usually much more likely to provide free advice LOL.

ok thanks, it does look like a decent piece of kit, I'm guessing the handle comes in really useful and it would be difficult to use without it, especially under the wheel arches?