Is Jabba or Revo better for a Fabia vRS?

Xavier

Ok chaps.

First of all, it's nice to see there is a decent skoda forum - I was always asking questions on seatcupra.net until I was directed here.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the vRS. However, on seatcupra, they tend to rave about Revo. Here, it seems that Jabba is more often mentioned.

I suppose they all offer pretty much the same thing - but one think I do like with Revo is the 5 hour free "tuned-for-test" where they give you a remap but it only lasts 5 hours or so. Great to try-before-you-buy in my books.

Also, the revo stuff seems to be "stealth" and cannot be detected by vagtest or whatever the ecu diagnostics / testings tools are. I guess a rr will of course reveal all ;)

I suppose you're still better off telling your insurer about it just to clear any possible claim problem. How about the dealer. If it's stealth, does that mean it doesn't effect your warranty? I remember seeing a post about a Jabba'd 'tavia which didn't impact the warranty. How does that work? After all, I don't really wanna spend

Looks like youre going through the same thoughts as me. I also looked at the Ibiza 130, but it a lot more dosh. Found all the used one still at a very high price. Bought myself an RS. Doesnt look like I got the best price and went for Red, even though I'm not sure its the best colour. Value for money wise, the RS is pretty hard to beat.

I'm also looking at the tuning options, and am stuck between AMD, Jabba and Revo. I want it to be serial port and want it done VERY soon. On this count Jabba would appear to be in the lead.

Jonathan

Hi Fabrs

Just out of interest, how much did you fork out for it if you don't mind me asking?

When my dealer said he could offer 3 years 0% I thought that's a no brainer, but then again, if skoda are offering that, then someone's paying for the interest free, so maybe you can get a very good price if you pay it cash? :confused:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with all those tuning questions ;)

Lets hope some knowledgeable chaps answer with some useful feedback...

AFAIK, Revo could do it, but they'd need to see the car first and get all the ECU details, and on that note, I agree with you that Jabba seem to be ahaead of the rest of the game when it comes to how quickly they can do it...

Cheers

Oh, have you got the car yet? If not, when??? Let us know what you think :)

As far as i know.. on the Seatcupra forums.. Rage has REVO on his TDi 130, and thats pushing 179bhp. Revo only do a "off the shelf" code which is usually sufficient. with Jabba, you have the option of a custom remap, where you can have it tuned the way you want it.. ie driving charicteristics. ive been lead to belive that Rages Revo beast does smoke abit.. and i dont think anyone has had a jabba tune.. altho mr peck is having one on his furby on friday.

personally, i think ill go for jabba, its cheaper than Revo.. and offers a more personalised service.

Cheers Neo_VR. Sounds good

With jabba, do they have like several "distributors" or is it just one main site where you get your car "tuned" ?

Edit - Just had a look, and it seems that going to Jabba direct (in Peterborough) is prolly a better bet than going to an agent...

Their prices are cheaper, and since they actually designed the mod (?) they're prolly the best at roaling road testing and making sure all's ok...

Hi guy's

With regard to REVO's 5 Hour demo -- I suggest you read the link below --- make your own mind up.

[Click here for REVO strange findings thread

As for Jabba -- they are on there own - they don't have agents -- and are all the better from it...you won't find a more proffesional,friendly outfit going -- you've only got to read the threads on BRISKODA about them -- I have never seen a bad word against them. And having had them work there magic on my vRS Octy - I can really recommend then whole heartedly - you won't be dissappointed.

As for AmD -- again very high rep -- but they don't seam to do quite so well on the results -- and are starting to trade on their name ie prices through the roof compared to others...

JM2PW

For the PD diesel Jabba can do serial port programming and this comes in 2 forms IIRC:

generic code a' la REVO/APR

custom remap on the rolling road

the generic code takes a base of 10 cars where as the cusotm remap is a one off deal.

It must also be remembered that Briskoda get a 10% group buy discount ( I really should ask Mike for shares on the company;) ) for 5-10 people. Or a one off discount of 5%.

I just arranged Briskoda's 3rd group remap buy and so far we've put 24 cars on Jabba rollers since July.

I think the custom remap prices are

Originally posted by SkodiRS in this post

Jabba remind me of how AmD where when they first begin....AmD musch bigger now and unfortunately they seem to have forgotten their roots (IMHO).

I think that AMD have got greedy, and the reception I have had from them on two occasions I've visited them in the last 12 months meant that I spent my money at Jabba instead.

The difference I found is that Jabba are equally as busy, have a growing reputation, and are genuinely happy to spend time talking you through the options, rather than thinking about the next

I'd say go for the cheapest remap you could get. So in this case it would be the Jabba remap.

I don't know if you've heard about pulling out the maximum of the injectors dutycycle etc. would be interesting to see what the failures on injectors would be with those "remapped" cars.

But then again, i've never heard or read in any thread that for example "I chipped my car and it broke".

Cheers,

FD

Well just to be different, Ive booked in for a custom remapping with AMD via the serial port. Why ? Well although their web site needs updating Ive heard good things about their 130 remaps.

Better than Jabba ? Not something I want to enter into. My guess is they will both deliver equal power, but it could be delivered in a different way.

Will post graphs etc when I have them.

Jonathan

Regarding the REVO issues.......IIRC the trial is ok it's just the reversion to the "standard" setup that some people have had "issue" with.

If you decide to go with the software all REVO do is re-enable the code that's already on there. However some people have had engine issues when reverting to the standard setup once the trial has expired There are a few threads here which go in to it in more detail.

Not dissing just conveying the findings of some members.

At the end of the day as long as you're happy with what you're getting and the result, that's all that matters.

AmD......you don't get a rep like Geoff's not knowing anything or producing shoddy work.....always been on the expensive side just even more so now and customer service seems to have taken a bit of a hit with growth in size.

Just MHO.

Cheers.

Adrian.

Just been checking out Seat Enthusiats site....big thread on REVO issue highlighted here.

A " good on yer" to Bill for some sensible reasoning BUT I can also see where the guys are coming from. REVO apparrently looking into it and hopefully can sort out peeps issues.

Heres'the thread:

http://http://www.seatenthusiasts.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?threadid=14170

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Fabrs in this post

Well although their web site needs updating Ive heard good things about their 130 remaps.

Jonathan

Our website has been updated now ;)

Look forward to seeing you and your car on Monday :)

Also there are alot of changes going on at AmD currently. It is being made alot more customer friendly as a new reception and waiting area is being built and more staff are being employed to provide a better level of service (including me : ).

We dont just cater for the rich.

I fitted a full set of EBC discs and pads, Koni suspension kit to a Polo Tdi today.

Big or small, all are welcome.

And the good thing was Scott (my boss) did one side whilst I did the other so the customer didnt have to wait around for too long. I can honestly say no place i've worked before have I seen my boss get dirty.

We had our vRS Fabia Serial Port tuned at Star Performance Using DPT (Diesel Performance Tuning) via the serial port - The only problem with the fabia vRS is the tailpipe as it makes any smoke a little noticable but after some time setting the car up on the dyno we made a healthy 185bhp with 304lbft torque and it goes like stink!!!!