mirrorlink

stug45

What about us who have already received it? Did you get an answer to that?

I didn't ask this because when they told there is going to be hardware change, then i assumed it won't work for older units.

If i have a next call, i will ask it over.

I think skoda should take costs and replace it, we have been promised that bolero to work with mirrorlink to both iPhone and Android.

You say that, but nowhere does it say that it has been promised to work with iPhone or android phones. It was always not compatible with iPhone and only selected android phones which they list on their website. I think it'll be a case-by-case basis only if you can prove your dealer promised it to you! They'll say 'bluetooth functions are compatible with all phones as advised, but screen sharing has always been with only those listed on our website'.

If they take a decent customer service stand and replace them all that would be excellent. We shall see.

Ok, I've been following this thread intently as my dealer is saying I should expect my Fabia SEL mid-late June (so just after week 22 I assume?!).

BUT - everybody should read this article I just stumbled across - especially the below passage: http://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/skoda-2016-model-year-safer-emotive-interconnected-eco-friendly/

In response to customer demand, ŠKODA has broadened the infotainment package for the ŠKODA Fabia to include the built-in navigation system Amundsen. The Amundsen radio-navigation system offers a 2.5-D graphic with an 800×480-screen resolution.  MapCare in Europe is included as a series-standard element of the navigation system.  This entitles customers to six free updates within three years of the initial purchase.

What do you think? If they are offering Amundsen now, does that mean they are only offering 'SmartLink' with the upgraded Amundsen (which I hope is standard with SEL but would imagine requires an increase) and leaving the Bolero that early adopters received to remain as is?

Edited by Dilz

I called a dealer in London and they haven't had any of the above confirmed but did say I should 'watch this space'...

Edited by Dilz

My dealer in Estonia confirmed it and i'm now at final stages of giving in my order, so i don't really believe they are going to lie to me...

Edit: They are the only and official dealer here.

Edited by arnos

this really is pi55ing me off, so it seems that all of us that have just taken delivery of a new car will miss out, and have systems that are basically useless, with only the bare minimum of apps that will work  :devil:    

• Like 1

this really is pi55ing me off, so it seems that all of us that have just taken delivery of a new car will miss out, and have systems that are basically useless, with only the bare minimum of apps that will work  :devil:

Skoda Fabia 2016 with Bolero 6.5 and SmartLink :

Style Multimedia PLUS(2) v hodnotě 27 500 Kč: SunSet, malý kožený paket(1) pro multifunkční volant pro rádio a telefon, dekor Piano černá, infotainment Bolero 6,5", Bluetooth, Apple konektivita, ŠKODA Surround (4 reproduktory vpředu a 2 reproduktory vzadu), vyhřívání předních sedadel, funkce SmartLink, funkce SmartGate a Driver Alert – asistent rozpoznání únavy řidiče

I found this from the press release on the New fabia;

Thanks to MirrorLink™ technology, the new ŠKODA Fabia Combi can easily be connected to a smartphone, allowing the driver to run and display selected smartphone applications (apps) on the screen of the Bolero and Amundsen infotainment systems. As soon as the relevant interfaces are available from the manufacturers, Apple devices (via Apple CarPlay) and Android smartphones (via Android Auto) will also be able to be connected

• Like 1

I found this from the press release on the New fabia;

Thanks to MirrorLink™ technology, the new ŠKODA Fabia Combi can easily be connected to a smartphone, allowing the driver to run and display selected smartphone applications (apps) on the screen of the Bolero and Amundsen infotainment systems. As soon as the relevant interfaces are available from the manufacturers, Apple devices (via Apple CarPlay) and Android smartphones (via Android Auto) will also be able to be connected

That is if you buy the smartgate box @ £100

This is what I found here so looks like us new owners are out of luck..

Can I get CarPlay in the car I already own?

Automakers are not certain whether any of their current connected-car systems will be upgradable to use CarPlay in the future but most say no. The one exception is Hyundai, which has promised that its current Sonata will be upgradable.

You can replace your existing car stereo/navigation system and purchase a new in-dash infotainment system that works with CarPlay. Several models from Pioneer now support the software, such as the $1,400 AVIC-8100NEX, which is also compatible with Android Auto. Alpine and Parrot have also announced aftermarket units that support CarPlay. We recommend these systems be installed by a professional.

Agree. How do we make sure Skoda gives us a definite answer on available upgrade paths? My dealer still hasn't gotten back to me after he was going to investigate; this was over a week ago. I will call my dealer and Skoda tomorrow again.

Just picked up my Fabia this evening and the dealer said there would be no update for the people who all ready have their car. Not sure if it is a hardware or just a firmware update but it will only be for cars after build week 22. If this feature is important to you and your not desperate would be worth holding off till the build calendar works for you.

I am a bit gutted, but at the end of the day I all ready knew mirror link would be next to useless given the compatibility with 3/4 phones so not the end of the world, just would have been nice to have google maps coming though the unit.

I spoke to John at customer services. He has tried to research further however it is still a case of waiting.

He has said there may be a software update but there is no definite on this. The main problem he has is they do not give enough information.

It would be nice if they did.

Only thing is to wait for week 22 as there will be information passed to dealers regarding this. I believe about 25th may.

Just need to wait