mirrorlink

stug45

I got Skoda response on my fb post and it looks that it's up to the importer to decide if Smartlink is an option, standrard or even not an option at all.

I don't think Skoda UK will give us a response all but at least they have acknowledged you in Israel[emoji4]

Spoke to my dealer here. They were told by the importer not to talk about MirrorLink with clients. It doesn't appear anywhere in their publications so we'll have to wait and see.

Ive been reading all the brochures (edition 01-2015), sales papers an whatever found on the mk3 in Swedish - mirrorlink isnt even mentioned anywhere.

Ill pick up my car tomorrow so Ill see if that Bolero-thing will link to my Xperia.

Probably build week 25.

Skoda Fabia Style kombi, 1.2 tsi 110hp

Candy white

Sport package

Comfort package

Panorama roof

Kessy

SUNSET

PRESTIGE 7Jx17

RAIN-LIGHT

Foglights with corner function

Bolero

Arkamys

DAB

SmartLink (MirrorLink™/Apple CarPlay/Android Auto)

Smartgate

• Like 1

Oh boy this thread has opened a can of worms.

As it is not 100% confirmed by anything what the difference between <week22 and >week22 we have nor moved forward.

I hope that come week 22 they know and by week23 we all have a satisfied response to the query.

• Like 1

Don't hold your breath stug45 ,yes I would like to think we would have moved forward by week 23.But Skoda customer care is just a shambles compared to how it used to be.

I notice that they have upped the deposit contribution to £1,000 but on stock vehicles only........

Now a cynic would say that they are trying to get rid of all the pre week 22 built stock, ready for the new post week 22 stock with the new Bolero's fitted

But I would never say something like that.

On the plus side, I am starting to get the feeling that Skoda will man up and keep us all in the manner to which we have been accustomed. We really need to wait for some official guidance from Skoda UK or one of our dealers before getting really angry and turning green.

But, Skoda, this needs to be sooner rather than later as the natives are restless.

• Like 2

Picked up my fab Fab today. Its supposed to be equipped with mirrorlink and smartgate.

I really have no idea, but if I ever get sober, fresh and alert again I might find out. Not tonight anyway.

• Like 1

I have now got my build week confirmed as next week so there goes any hope of having smart link . Normally I would really pleased to get this , not this time . Thanks for your looking after your loyal customers Skoda.

I still think theres a chance we can get the software and hardware retro-fitted once the dust has settled. I will keep putting the pressure on. I have to say the Bolero is a great bit of kit apart from that.

• Like 2

I will wait until I get my car and then I will start emailing , calling Skoda customer service , on a regular basics until they do something .

• Like 1

I'm glad I'm waiting until September to get a new Fabia, it was bad enough trying to get Skoda to sort the pulling to the left on my Monte never mind possible firmware and hardware upgrades on the new Fabia.

It is pants that barely 3-4 mths after launch that Mirrorlink has been shown to be next to useless. Vauxhall, Renault and Suzuki systems work with mobiles without any of these problems so surely VW group can get a system to work!!!

This doesn't sound good. Quick question: i have an iphone 6 plus, and all i'm interested in is my Sygic nav app (bought and all that) will it work on the bolero? Music will be from my phone Bluetooth whatever. Don't care about anything else. My car left the factory this Monday so i'm guessing no upgrade for me :(

Anyone care to guess?

I have sygic nav app it will blue tooth over like the music . My quess is that you will have to use the Six plus screen it's self so I got a Kenu airframe to fix to the air vent . If fits the six plus fine and is the only way to use the sat nav I believe .

Happycatphil I'm changing my name to Andy dufraine only trouble will be if it takes Skoda as long as shawshank they will only sort it out by the time the mk6 comes out[emoji6]

• Like 1