mirrorlink

stug45

I am very disappointed that Skoda has decided to change the infotainment system in such a short space of time. I bought the mk3 to futureproof the infotainment systems so it can be upgraded but are we going to be left high and dry. My mobile phone is to old to link with the infotainment but would have paid extra to get a working satnav system for the cost of a new phone as I make very few phone calls or texts a contract for me would be a waste of money and a compatible HTC sim free phone is about £300 Joe

Hi lesmond I must be looking at the wrong page because I can't find many others than mine . I don't think enough people are having a go to getting this sorted come on the more the merrier [emoji4]

Is it the same system, daydotz?

Mirrorlink at a guess as been a disaster its useless the polo offered it briefly as a cost option before removing it all together its now been replacedwith smartlink

(id reserve judgement till you see if its actually works)

Edited by daydotz

Hi Daydotz so they removed mirrorlink in favour of smartlink did they by any chance change the system over or just leave them Lumbered with mirrorlink?

My Skoda dealer just called me to say he's now been informed that Apple CarPlay will come as part of an optional SmartLink upgrade, for which there is a charge of £150. I've agreed for him to add that to my order, which he's holding over to week 22 before placing.

I pleased for you Steve T22 although you will have pay the extra but make sure he didn't place order before as they wont let me delay my order at all .

In fact Skoda. Customer service have said wait until I get the car and see if mirrorlink works [emoji107]

Just having a bite to eat so thought I would give my Skoda dealer a ring and ask about the Amundsen and Mirrorlink. He suggested speaking to Skoda customer services as he doesn't have the May brochure yet, not entirely his fault.

I gave Skoda a ring and asked about the Amundsen, I can confirm that it is a factory option and is not retrofittable into the older (if you can call them that...) Fabias, I also asked about Mirrorlink, saying that it literally supports 5 phones, the reply to that was that there isn't anything written down about it and to give it a couple of months to see if an update comes out, he also mentioned he couldn't guarantee it though.

For all Skoda Fabia owners (myself included) pre week 22, you may find this link useful.

• Like 4

Spoke with Skoda customer services today as well. My car will reach the port at Grimsby tomorrow. Unfortunately I have an iphone and I asked them about mirrorlink not working with Iphones, which he confirmed. I asked if there is any chance of an upgrade be it free or chargeable after i get my car to get the Smartlink and was told they don't have the information. It might be possible, it might not. Bottom line is AT THE MOMENT  Skoda customer services - be it by phone facebook or twitter - don't know anymore then we do. We need to wait for the end of this month probably for an official statement from Skoda. 

On the other hand :) pretty happy with the fast delivery  :notme: !

Take care all and don't stress too much on mirrorlink. byeee

• Like 2

Glad I didn't junk my TomTom. On the positive side I love the sound system. I have Bluetooth working with my ancient HTC phone for music and calls. Ripped some of my favourite 60's music to an SD card really pleased with the reproduction could probably give my neighbour who likes sharing his music as he drives down the street a run for his money. May be I should try Elvis's Jail House Rock that should shut him up or Love me tender hehehe Joe

• Like 1

Personally I actually give a **** in both gate and link, the cell phone is displayed in both the bolera screen and the maxidot dito all the time. Meaning that bluetooth work jeeez perfect. Its my working tool, as is the regional programme on the radio, giving traffic notices. When having passengers I really dont want any other sounds but the voice of the better half or workmate. And an active TP.

We all have different priorities. :)

Oh, and I have my old TomTom motorcycle-gps attached next to the mirror. Waterproof and updated!

Still going to test the linkings when visiting the vizard-son, but I really doubt that will change my new habits. Very equal to my old Merc-ones.:)

Today my dealer informed me that i will get a 1200 euro anniversary discount on my Fabia. I did modify my order Bolero to Amundsen!

Hey, so in the new catalogue, there are both Bolero and Amudsen available? 

My dealer said that they don't have any info regarding Amudsen, that Skoda has different deals with each dealership and Estonia doesn't have Amudsen option available for new Fabia. Is he right, or the new catalogue should give the Amudsen option to all the dealerships?

Hey, so in the new catalogue, there are both Bolero and Amudsen available? 

My dealer said that they don't have any info regarding Amudsen, that Skoda has different deals with each dealership and Estonia doesn't have Amudsen option available for new Fabia. Is he right, or the new catalogue should give the Amudsen option to all the dealerships?

Look under infotainment:

http://www.skoda.se/SiteCollectionDocuments/Prislistor/Nya_fabia_prislista_150429.pdf

Spoke to customer service today and the passed me to a technical manager.

Fabias fabuilt before week 22 don't even have mirrorlink here. They decided to make it a firmware update only once it supports more devices (so now I know why the brochure doesn't say anything).

They ddon't know yet what will be with fabias from week 22 and on.

at least I know mine will support smartlink as mine will be built on w23 Or 24.