AP coilovers rear adjuster

I recently fit some AP coilovers to my mk1 fabia VRS and thought that the rear would be lower with it being wound all the way down, does taking the rear adjusters out cause any problems and are there any other ways to make it go lower? Cheers 09dfa320666e3729687172d66cd5ad29.jpgee8bbdc6739ab74672b0575b7a740359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will have to remove the adjusters to go lower but it mite rub, depending on what profile tyre's you are running and if you have any spacers

I wanted to go lower at first but i'd have to lose the 20mm spacers i have atm, and after seeing somebody else drive my car it looks low enough with somebody in it so going to leave it as it is, but with wheels like that only way to pull them off is go low

Edited by Harry1212

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question, so I took the adjuster cup that you turn to make it lower, I still have the bottom part in that bolts on, is it safe to take this part out and just have the spring sat on the axel? I want it even lower but don't want to cut the springs, cheers.

• Like 1

Just a quick question, so I took the adjuster cup that you turn to make it lower, I still have the bottom part in that bolts on, is it safe to take this part out and just have the spring sat on the axel? I want it even lower but don't want to cut the springs, cheers.

Yep, take the entire thing out so the springs just resting on the axel

I replaced my rear 20mm spacers with 15mm and it's fine now, no rubbing

Ordered some today, hopefully change them at the weekend and take the adjusters fully out

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I recently fit some AP coilovers to my mk1 fabia VRS and thought that the rear would be lower with it being wound all the way down, does taking the rear adjusters out cause any problems and are there any other ways to make it go lower? Cheers 09dfa320666e3729687172d66cd5ad29.jpgee8bbdc6739ab74672b0575b7a740359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that teh rears all the way down? as in adjuster cups still in? still looks very high!