The 'new' RHD Ford Mustang

Brimma

I've driven a few American V6s and they never did anything for me, except the Plymouth Prowler, which sounded quite nice. If I ever get an American car, it's got to be a V8. For me the build quality is generally so poor that the car needs something to distract me and the right V8 would do that nicely, thank you very much :)

• Like 1

I've driven a few American V6s and they never did anything for me, except the Plymouth Prowler, which sounded quite nice. If I ever get an American car, it's got to be a V8. For me the build quality is generally so poor that the car needs something to distract me and the right V8 would do that nicely, thank you very much :)

Can't argue with you, a '94 dodge Spirit, was crap, the '80 Mercury Capri ( straight 6) slow & under-powered, & the '95 Chrysler Cirrus not much better.

I did enjoy a Chrysler LHS & a very similar New Yorker in California, big FWD barges but nippy enough & comfortable on freeways.

A couple of trips to Canada produced a 2.7 Dodge Intrepid ES, & Chrysler 300m, & they were fun to drive, in their own environment.

Maybe you won't get it, but 90 degree V8's annoy me, the uneven exhaust beat just grates on me. One exception though, the Ford GT40 with the 

crossover bunch of bananas exhaust sounded awesome .

Many years ago I had to listen to a flat, noisy Chaparral win the BOAC  but I was wishing that any of the nicer sounding GT 40's could go faster.

Have a nice day, DC 

• Like 1

Somewhere on You Tube is a man who has clipped together every kind of exhaust noise from just about every configuration of engine. It even has different rotary engine sounds. A biker friend of mine originally showed it to me. Some women know men who bring chocolates, I know men who show me engine videos :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Back on the subject of engine noises (or symphonies), my apartment is next to a major city road here in the US, and something with a V10 just won the traffic light GP outside :) also a V8 Ferrari screamed by just as I was trying to sleep last night.

There is a wall blocking my view but I'm guessing Gallardo and 430 from the sounds (and probably not factory pipes either)

20160323_125933_zpslfptskr9.jpg

20160323_130024_zpswpm5t8km.jpg

So it's not an RHD. Whatever!

Next door neighbour has a black 5.0 V8 but the previous model. He looked a bit sick when he found the red one in "his" parking soace - lol.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 weeks later...

Well as they point out - it is mega value for money.

The red one above is a standard no-options US spec V8 Premium with a new price of $36000 - thats not a lot of £££ for 435 hp, leather, dual aircon etc.

And it does 30+ mpg (Imperial) on my daily motorway commute.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang

Evo Journo Ratings?

Seems to be an honest but very limited review.

I'd want to know the boring stuff, can you park it in a UK sized parking space, is it docile in traffic, what's it like to drive on "normal"

roads, ( motorways, A & B rod, but not the "driving roads" that don't exist where I live!), & just how bad is the fuel consumption.

I already know that's it's cheapish, & not as wonderful as the posh German brands, but is it good enough to be a daily driver?

Size-wise, it's a little smaller than the current Mondeo, but the big doors might be a problem, will UK Ford dealers be able

to look after the car & is it insurable?

Perhap I should wait for "Which" do publish their road-test, I'm sure that they would have the answers to my questions.................

DC 

• 7 months later...

New release for 2017 : for those that don't mind a link.lol

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/ford-mustang-black-shadow-and-blue-edition-launched-europe

Europe but not UK -So LHD then 

Edited by vrskeith

The owner of our local Ford dealers lives in same estate as my PILs.

regularily see the white Stang and shiny new white SMax outside their door. No idea on spec, but ive seen it out on roads aswell and it isnt outragously huge tbf.

i have driven a previous gen (2004 v6 iirc) in Florida, and it wasnt that unwieldy to drive - even though i only had full license about 2 yrs and hadnt driven anything bigger than a Getz at the time) And it wasnt just straight roads, it was around a friends house (it was his wifes car) with some twistys. I enjoyed the opportunity, but i think i wouldve also liked a chance to drive Davey's buddys v8 Shelby... wouldve resulted in a big accident though :D

Long time since I asked the original question, and hadn't realised the thread had been taken off-topic by the link king

:(

Money and running costs not an issue?

The v8!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

• 1 month later...

Great move ,me thinks ,Under the owners circumstances. Unfortunately Shelby not available in the UK currently.

Edited by vrskeith

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, vrskeith said:

A good friend of mine is getting, probably the first one on UK roads, one of these.

https://www.steeda.co.uk/Mobile/MBCPPlayer.asp?ID=1957913

Steve-McQueen-Edition-Bullitt-Mustang-Steeda-Front-34-Blue-B.jpg

Ooh, and ooh, and ooh.

Ohhh that's nice.

I was looking at Mustangs and thinking that the UK spec just wasn't enough to make me really want one. I was needing a rhd Shelby GT500 to float me boat (or a Roush 750 Supercharger).

But a Bullitt Mustang ooh that's nice.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/2018-ford-mustang-bullitt-priced-£47145

Edited by Aspman