The 'new' RHD Ford Mustang

Brimma

Shame the production spec Bullit doesn't look exactly like that one in the picture above.

The cars being sold have a gloss black 19 inch rim that just looks too way small for the car (and a big arch gap too).

03-2019-ford-mustang-bullitt-detroit-1.j

Still, I'm sure anyone with the money to spend on one can afford better rims and short springs too.

Note: In the US the Bullitt RRP is only $47495, (£35414) and it's got a more powerful (480bhp) version of the V8 than we get.

I really want one!

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 09/06/2018 at 22:46, camelspyyder said:

Shame the production spec Bullit doesn't look exactly like that one in the picture above.

The cars being sold have a gloss black 19 inch rim that just looks too way small for the car (and a big arch gap too).

03-2019-ford-mustang-bullitt-detroit-1.j

Still, I'm sure anyone with the money to spend on one can afford better rims and short springs too.

Note: In the US the Bullitt RRP is only $47495, (£35414) and it's got a more powerful (480bhp) version of the V8 than we get.

I really want one!

You can get a Rouche supercharger kit fitted for about £12k which could take the car to 750hp

1 hour ago, Offski said:

'Your weather' is about 22*oC in the North East today road temp in the low 30's,  so just fine for a rear driver this Autumn day..

Just the 60 /70 mph limits a bit of a slow you downer, so a 200 ps Mustang will do fine, or even a Kia Stinger GT-S.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2018 at 13:17, Offski said:

'Your weather' is about 22*oC in the North East today road temp in the low 30's,  so just fine for a rear driver this Autumn day..

Just the 60 /70 mph limits a bit of a slow you downer, so a 200 ps Mustang will do fine, or even a Kia Stinger GT-S.

Our weather here is 32C today thanks and its been over 26C for the last 4 weeks :)

The V8 Mustang  issue wasn't about temperature - it just has zero traction on any damp or wet roads. Even with fairly new rubber and the ECU set to Normal, the fly by wire throttle response is too sharp and the rears spin up. Twice I had it wildly sideways leaving  traffic lights on wet roads before I found the bad weather ECU setting. Its not a case of gently does it with the right foot @Aspman, there's no mechanical connection.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Offski said:

WTF who would have thought that they could be just like all other rear wheel drives in those conditions, BMW, Mercedes, and many others over the decades.

TBH I was amazed that the standard mapping was so aggressive.  Worse, in Sport+ or Track modes, I defiintely would have binned it instantly on finding a wet patch of road.

On 27/09/2018 at 20:54, camelspyyder said:

TBH I was amazed that the standard mapping was so aggressive.  Worse, in Sport+ or Track modes, I defiintely would have binned it instantly on finding a wet patch of road.

I know that feeling! I like the idea of Sport+ if it is giving you more power, but I wish it wasn't at the cost of a short throttle pedal 

On 27/09/2018 at 20:54, camelspyyder said:

10 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

I know that feeling! I like the idea of Sport+ if it is giving you more power, but I wish it wasn't at the cost of a short throttle pedal 

It's more probably a non-linear map, such that, for example 50% pedal travel gives you 90% throttle opening.

Thats partly what I mean with the short throttle pedal action, but some BMWs (M135 and M4 etc) have a slight power difference too. The engine runs at a different temperature and in the M4 the wastegate remains closed at partial throttle openings when in the sportier modes. 

I so need to get out more... :( 

On 28/09/2018 at 22:36, vrskeith said:

A good reviewer imo.

Wow 11.5mpg that's caning it. I think I got down to 13 or 14 playing real world Burnout on Mt. Charleston. But on my commute the V8 was doing 25-30 mpg Imperial.

The Mustang only achieved a 2 star safety rating when tested by Euro NCAP on behalf of Australian NCAP because Ford were unable to sell one to them for testing due to lack of available stock. 

http://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/ford-mustang-scores-concerning-2-star-safety-rating-3aaab9

I'll have a long throttle travel, great sounding engine, RWD and lots and lots of power please :)

...and please Santa can I have an extra big bag (Moschino are nice) of talent this Christmas :) 

2 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

The Mustang only achieved a 2 star safety rating when tested by Euro NCAP on behalf of Australian NCAP because Ford were unable to sell one to them for testing due to lack of available stock. 

http://www.ancap.com.au/media-and-gallery/releases/ford-mustang-scores-concerning-2-star-safety-rating-3aaab9

Drive it. You really wont care :D

Every time I hired American saloons they have been variants of unbreathed upon Dodge Challengers, possibly 6 pots. Yes, build quality of American cars is poor compared to European standards but you get a lot for your bucks. The engines are large but lazy in operation in standard kit.

Edited by edbostan

8 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Drive it. You really wont care :D

I have driven v8 before and large capacity vehicles are really not my thing as I prefer small and agile.

I agree that for most safety is not of high importance.

Most of the activities I am involved in would rate far below 2 stars safety despite not involving speed.