Wide wheels - will they fit? 16x8 (F) & 16x9 (R)

I've just found a set of wheels that I like and they match the PCD / CB perfectly... but they're really wide... fronts are 8J and rears are 9J with an offset of ET42.

These are the results I've got with tyres added into the mix:

Wheels_zpsosmbvno3.jpg

The car isn't lowered and there haven't been any other mods to the setup / arches... will they fit?

Many thanks guys - T :)

You'd want to get the fronts spaced 10mm

The rears will want spacing too 5-8

Run a lil stretch on the rear

Theres always camber shims

Ahhh I was afraid of spacers. I've heard they're dangerous and prone to breaking / falling off (???)

The tyre sizes I've given are exactly the same as this Audi, which I've shamelessly copied to get that "muscle car" chunky look... so I'm trying not to stretch if possible.

IMGP0055.JPG

Thanks for helping Lloyd :)

Ah yeah... now I look at it those arches do look rather flared. Though saying that, there's arch gap loss and the overall diameter / circumference is smaller than the standard wheels... plus the car isn't lowered... so surely they'd fit without rubbing?

I'll look into the quality spacers ;)

I'm not sure about the inset clearances, but lots of people have run 225 (9" bar a freckle) tyres on Octys. At the front, if you're running coilovers you'll have already gained an inch or so from the narrower overall diameter coils.

• Like 1

Right, just to drag this up for one last time... the wheels I was eyeing up were sold before I could get to them, so I'm going to get some wheels made up myself.

The only issue is that the wheels are ET42 (I'm 99% certain the standards are ET38 ?) which throws this up:

Wheels%20BANDED_zpsyhsztm1t.jpg

So this means the wheels will be closer to the suspension strut... although only by a small amount. Am I going to need spacers or will I get away with it?

Cheers - T