Fabia Vrs Handling Performance?

Revo Richard

Fabia vRS Handling performance? or not?

Anyone else got any issues with cornering?, The one I am using at the minute always loses rear end traction half way round any roundabout. It is as though a shock has no oil. I have looked and no leaks so I presume it just handles very poorly. The car is going back to the dealer today so I will get them to check it out as well.

I hope this is a problem to this one car only because if they all do this it could be a big problem for Skoda. Remember the early Audi TT horror stories?

No probs with cornering with my 100HP TDI - at least not now I've got 205 wide wheels & stiffer springs. I used to get the shock problem on corners - would start washing out, but now the suspension stays stiff and the grip just get's dictated by the tyres (which being 20mm wider than standard is damn good!)

I test drove a fabia vrs today and was very surprised when the back end started sliding out on a roundabout I go round every day in my citreon with no probs. Normally front drive cars understeer first. Very unusual

Originally posted by Freakcrab in this post

As someone who's broken more than his fair share of mountain bike bits I'd guess pretzeled front wheel and bent fork.

:D

I'd be amazed if your only personal damage was a bruised ego. Last time I did that much damage I broke 2 ribs and crack a helmet as well.

quite an interesting one actually, was ripping down a concrete paved track/road. about 30mph when i checked, went over a cattle grid onto a very slight right hander.. hit a rock, which sent me off the side of the track, down a embankment, it was thick grass, i battled with the bike for a good 50m or so before the front wheel dug in and sent me over the handlebars. i landed headfirst after several somersaults and the bike overtaking me.. luckily the grass was really thick and "tufty" so i got up straight away, just a bruised shoulder, grazed knees, and the obligitary handlebar bruise on me ribs.

picked bike up and pushed it back up to the rd, re-aligned the handlebars and carried on.. at the bottom of the hill, on closer inspection id buckled both wheels, broken the saddle, ripped a noodle off the front brakes, the pads had gone bananna shaped (HOW?) and twisted the forks...

soo, wheels should get away with being trued up, need new forks (MX Comp ETA) new saddle, and some Deore Vees. its the first proper off ive ever had, only been biking for 1 month.. hence bike was a nice 04 Specialized Hardrock sport :)

Apart from being a bit stiff, im fine. some beer medicine takes the pain away :D

The legs are pointing in slightly different directions and the brake boss is cracked.

Its *almost* convinient.. as the standard forks.. RST Gila t4s are rubbish, as are the tektro brakes, so they would both be replaced anyway, just now ive got a reason to do it ;)

Originally posted by Kentish in this post

So its easy choice then.....Manitou sups forks, hydraulic disk and brake assembly, new front wheel, or hub and rebuild.

A perfect opportunity to get some serious braking for your bike.

Andy

Ive been pricing up Disc brakes.. but cant justify them.. id need new hubs too, and for hydraulics, thats

after having a few days of getting used to the vRS. i have to agree about the slippy rear end (oooeerrr) i think whats happening is that it should be understeering first.. but the extra 100kg of the diesel lump helps pin the nose down, but ruins the weight distribution of the car.

No better suspension than PACE IMO - Makes the front end of my proflex really nice. Also, I only have some old'ish v-brakes to stop it, but they still perform really well in all conditions - I wouldn't go back to centre pull brakes again. [must get the gears sorted and start riding that damn bike again!] :D

Originally posted by Kentish in this post

Wouldnt run Rockshox if you paid me.

Andy

Andy,

That is a pretty strong comment, I guess you have had some experiences here, so as not to completely hijack the thread, do you want to PM me as I have an interest here.

PS, Do you post on Singletrack by any chance ??

PS Have you ever tried to service SPV ??

:)

Graham