Furby nearing 60000 miles!!

boydie

Hi all Ibought my Fabia 1.4 mpi just over 2 months ago,with 54798 miles on it,its a 2002 52 plate.Slightly high milage I know its now got 57181 miles on it now.Should I keep getting it serviced by the main dealer?Its just out of main warrenty but they gave me a sunlife warrenty with it for 12months cover.

Will going to an other garage in-validate this warrenty?

The reason for this is I just got a quote for a 60000miles service with the timing belt change as well,and their looking for the wrong side of

You'd need to check the T&C's of the warranty on it, but I suspect as long as it's maintained to a Skoda service schedule using Skoda parts you should be ok. I bought mine with a similar mileage (53k) and got all the servicing done at main dealers, mainly because the VAG independent near me was more expensive :confused:, but also because dealers know the cars and had the correct diagnostic equipment.

I got my 60k (diesel) service for

Hi all Ibought my Fabia 1.4 mpi just over 2 months ago,with 54798 miles on it,its a 2002 52 plate.Slightly high milage I know its now got 57181 miles on it now.Should I keep getting it serviced by the main dealer?Its just out of main warrenty but they gave me a sunlife warrenty with it for 12months cover.

The reason for this is I just got a quote for a 60000miles service with the timing belt change as well,and their looking for the wrong side of

Mine just hit just over 78k last night! solid as a rock still nothing wrong:)

Yeah im trying not to worry about miles,ive never had a really modern car like this Ive been told that mileage dosent really matter any more,I think ill take that with a pinch of salt :) Ive just read the t&c and it dosent state that I need to keep up servicing with the main dealer,Especially when my local garage said that they could do a service for

Does the 1.4 MPI (8v) require a timing belt change at 60 K ? My fabia is also just on 60K, and booked in for a service, but I couldnt find anything in the Service manual about a timing belt change (other than for diesel).

Would be useful to know if this does need changing.

TIA

RBW

Phew, thought I was going mad.... so thats saved a few quid ;)

What do you think of the car Boydie, mine was my wifes from new, then I had had it a couple of years ago and its been a really reliable car. I keep thinking about a VRS, but wont replace it until it starts costing me money.

I had cruise control, and remote central locking put on it, and am really happy with the car.

Just wish the frickin thing would break down so I had an excuse to replace it with a VRS...

RBW.

P.S. I think we should have a 8v owners forum...lol

Phew' date=' thought I was going mad.... so thats saved a few quid ;)

What do you think of the car Boydie, mine was my wifes from new, then I had had it a couple of years ago and its been a really reliable car. I keep thinking about a VRS, but wont replace it until it starts costing me money.

I had cruise control, and remote central locking put on it, and am really happy with the car.

Just wish the frickin thing would break down so I had an excuse to replace it with a VRS...

RBW.

P.S. I think we should have a 8v owners forum...lol[/quote']

I must say as ive only had the car for just over 2 months im still finding my feet.Its a great runner great on fuel,I drive 19 miles to my fire station and back for work,the lads on my watch were very happy to take the **** because of the badge,any way 1 tank lasts me a week and a half, around 400+ miles I think out of a tank is great!

Im hoping it will last and be reliable to,its nippy and with the dark blue colour and skoda 5 spoke alloys its a real head turner,mine is the classic spec but the person that owned it from new got asr traction control and a clarion head unit + clarion speakers front and rear installed all in all its great.Why pay more for a vw polo when you can have a better Furby lol.......

400+ miles out of a tank ??? I must be driving it wrong.. I do a 40 mile commute each way, and am lucky to get 370 out of a tank...

ASR traction control is unusual on the MPI, I also changed the head unit as well, as wanted to be able to play CD's.

Fab car :)

RBW.

Mmmm.. wondering myself how long the 8v will remain 'serviceable'.... its at 60K at the moment, so will probably keep it for another year or so (20K per year).

I've noticed a bit of rattling from mine, but it drives as well as ever, so dont feel too inclined to worry about it.

Cheers...

RBW