Contaminated Paint Candy White?

I noticed something similar on the door handles during collection and mentioned it to the salesman who cleaned up the area a bit but not 100%. I've just washed the car after 300 miles and large parts of the car are effected by this staining which won't come off with a sponge or soft brush using autoglym car shampoo. I've scrubbed as much as I want to on a brand new car does anyone have any experience? I'm starting to wonder if there's some contamination in the paint.

bumper in front of tailgate:

20150614_174839_zps01vpdgu9.jpg

offside rear door

20150614_174858_zpssn33hc4t.jpg

offside rear door different area

20150614_174920_zps7toh3jlx.jpg

Should you have to be using Clay bars and such, take it back to the dealer and make them sort it? (As you did mention it during the handover).

I'd rather sort it myself than let a dealers 'valeters' near a brand new car ...

• Like 2

Looks like a less serious case of what I had.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=360396

Mine was fallout from a shipyard. It's not something you can avoid though. Just have to deal with it when it happens.

Hmm. Looking in more detail, maybe it's not that.

Edited by SC03OTT

I'm no expert but I'd say iron fallout from the rust colour.  Carpro ironX will shift it.  It stinks, but it's good at shifting fallout.   

You could try posting in the style and car care sub forum, those guys are experts.

Should you have to be using Clay bars and such, take it back to the dealer and make them sort it? (As you did mention it during the handover).

I Dropped the car into the dealer after work for investigation, a bit much to write out in full but more excellent service. Fallout was mentioned as possible cause & will be resolved no questions asked.

Looking back at the photo's with the sticky back plastic in place they only cover the 4-6" below the windows leaving the rest exposed.

• Like 1