What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

:D if only I could predict the lottery numbers too. 

Seriously enjoy the new bike, they look nice with some good upgrades on your Tracer with the suspension and quick shifter without busting the bank. 

Extra to the free "Yamaha Winter Pack" I have added Taller Givi smoked screen, front & rear extender guards, Denali sound bomb horn, radiator guard, bigger Givi handguards/deflectors ....& when available [Black] adjustable clutch & brake levers, you to do something bike related when the weathers against you ! ! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CWARD said:

:D if only I could predict the lottery numbers too. 

Seriously enjoy the new bike, they look nice with some good upgrades on your Tracer with the suspension and quick shifter without busting the bank. 

:D:D  cheers bud. 

It also resets the mileage to 0. Felt like i had to do something, 10k on the Tracer and its only 20 month old. Not that its an issue, it just is depreciation wise if i kept goin :D  

Its not as practical at all, but should be a laugh. 

QS seems good fun, not had one before but its not as smooth as what i imagine the KTM, BMW etc ones are. The cut delay is slightly on the safe side. 

Small light bike though, with enough poke n sorted suspension. Giggles isnt it. Ill struggle with luggage when i get that far :D 

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

You're just going to have to travel light, spare underwear and a toothbrush.

The QS on mine is configurable for cut delay and sensitivity in each gear. Yours maybe the same and done through the menus or at service or simply not activated until above a certain mileage to ensure everything is bedded in correctly.

At 193Kg wet I'm sure you'll have some fun on it and whilst saving the the front tyre from wear. 

May 4th, Star Wars Day :) I’m heading up to Kielder to do the forest trail if anyone fancies it?

Met a guy from Guernsey last year,  who’d decided against my advice at the start of the trail not to take his GT3 RS on it, on the way back me and my mate found him somewhat “beached” on the gravel.

anyway, this is what it looks like out on the trail, “most” non sports bikes could handle it. 

A sports bike bike could do it, but you’d have to be a bit of a loon :)

55BBCCF7-1BC5-4E46-B9D8-F925FAADE406.jpeg

842E2273-C722-42B5-91C3-62403F65E5E2.jpeg

Edited by fluffmeister
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CWARD said:

You're just going to have to travel light, spare underwear and a toothbrush.

The QS on mine is configurable for cut delay and sensitivity in each gear. Yours maybe the same and done through the menus or at service or simply not activated until above a certain mileage to ensure everything is bedded in correctly.

At 193Kg wet I'm sure you'll have some fun on it and whilst saving the the front tyre from wear. 

wheres the room for the spare underwear? :D:D 

nothing that clever on the yam im afraid, wish it was. They're just plug and play and it is what it is. People who race them, remove them and fit a Woolich Racing one usually, then they can be adjusted. But thats another £400 ontop of the flash, and im not doing anything serious so will just live with what it is. It still works well and is nice to have, works better higher up the RPM i found.  Never know, mine might be different than the demo bike anyway. 

ah yeah, should be alright. 17kg lighter than the tracer even. 

3 hours ago, fluffmeister said:

May 4th, Star Wars Day :) I’m heading up to Kielder to do the forest trail if anyone fancies it?

Met a guy from Guernsey last year,  who’d decided against my advice at the start of the trail not to take his GT3 RS on it, on the way back me and my mate found him somewhat “beached” on the gravel.

anyway, this is what it looks like out on the trail, “most” non sports bikes could handle it. 

A sports bike bike could do it, but you’d have to be a bit of a loon :)

55BBCCF7-1BC5-4E46-B9D8-F925FAADE406.jpeg

842E2273-C722-42B5-91C3-62403F65E5E2.jpeg

a GT3 RS up there, he wants a slap. I wouldnt even take a cayenne for fear of stone chips haha. 

Nice to see a GS, GSing for a change. 

Thanks for the offer but i dont feel compelled to rally the new bike up that :D 

The Harley goes in for its 2-year service and brake fluid change tomorrow, just looking at which bank to rob whilst the service is being done so that I can pay for it  :sadsmile: :dry:

14 minutes ago, Prykey said:

The Harley goes in for its 2-year service and brake fluid change tomorrow, just looking at which bank to rob whilst the service is being done so that I can pay for it  :sadsmile: :dry:

Hmm i can imagine. 

Wouldnt mind if the brakes actually worked i suppose? :D:D 

55 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Hmm i can imagine. 

Wouldnt mind if the brakes actually worked i suppose? :D:D 

The brakes have got much better over the years with ABS as standard for a good number of years now, they still lack a bit of feel though.

Sorry I've been AWOL for some time from the best part of the forum all. I've been flat out the last year after moving jobs and climbing a bit of the greasy pole within the same to land almost where I want to be. The 636 has not been out since MOT expired last June, only taken out to run up and look at / listen to like some womble who does 3 miles between MOT's. Today as I type though the bike is getting some wind (and rain) through it as it has departed on a trailer with a good mate who has been meant to buy it for last 18 months (part of reason I didn't keep riding it as it was meant to be going on and off). The guy who has taken it sold me my first bike for a great price (ZZR600 E7) and went on to get the exact bike he has just bought off me having missed his old one and was the reason I bought it in first place having known that specific A1P model quite well through him. So all has come full circle in that regard and less of a sad ending for my time with it, as I will still get to see it. 

Irony of the week is that when he finally was coming to pick it up and told me earlier in the week, the next day found out that I will no longer have free parking at work or anywhere in the town, so I realistically NEED a bike again to commute on... Typical! 

For now though, this chapter is over and I need to start looking out again for a bike or maybe 2 if I clear some crap out of the shed. Thinking a cheap and cheerful hack for commuting like a ER6N (or F) or maybe a Versys 650 (bit more short touring possibilities ontop of commuting) and then something emotional for God fearing dry miles and to keep how it should be. 

As the 636 was born in the BIG thread that became Brisky Bikers, I thought I'd update you on it's final leg with me. Only ever bought as a impulse buy rough wee hack, but really enjoyed it and kept longer than any other bike in the end, will miss it's awesome scream! I did a lot of work around the house, cut down 5 trees, knocked down 2 sheds, put piles down to hold the new one especially for the bike and then removed the entire front garden, more trees and the deepest hedge known to man covered it in concrete to allow easier access and now there is NO BLOODY BIKE! :crying:

P20180429_151615.jpg

Hi Fubar, glad the change of job has worked out for you. Sod’s law with the parking but you can have a good look about before buying another bike. I’m not that familiar with the bikes you mention other than the ER6N seems to have been around for ages and Versys seems to have a loyal following, that sums up my knowledge of the bikes. You mention dry miles but seem to remember sunny days are as rare in NI as they are in Scotland. 

Anyway you shouldn’t be on here, pull you’re finger and get on with the house. 

5 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Hi Fubar, glad the change of job has worked out for you. Sod’s law with the parking but you can have a good look about before buying another bike. I’m not that familiar with the bikes you mention other than the ER6N seems to have been around for ages and Versys seems to have a loyal following, that sums up my knowledge of the bikes. You mention dry miles but seem to remember sunny days are as rare in NI as they are in Scotland. 

Anyway you shouldn’t be on here, pull you’re finger and get on with the house. 

Sod the house, it's had all it's having done to it now. Motor vehicles / rainy day pot it approaching where I want it to get to before I dive in and go spending though :D Job thing is 95% the way there waiting on my new contract to consider it 100% just. Dry days being more of a term for purely pleasure use rather than actually dry dry. Was bone dry and sunny today until after the bike was on the trailer, then I fear the baby Jebus was upset about the 636 leaving the county :( 

1 minute ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Good to have an update mr fubar. 

Shame you’re bikeless,  but theres no stopping you now. 

Yawn ay the commuter thing but whats the nice one going to be? ;) 

Really not sure, nothing out there really stands out to me at the moment on the newer end of the market tbh. I'd still love to find a nice mint low mileage ZZR1200 C1H or C2H still hold them in very high regard personally as a great all rounder. Bit of a brute to commute on though. I'd prob start leaning towards the Honda side and get that Blade I didn't order 7 years ago due to an ignorant sales guy at dealers, but I need to find something I fit on with my bad leg, which is the biggest bloody challenge. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Really not sure, nothing out there really stands out to me at the moment on the newer end of the market tbh. I'd still love to find a nice mint low mileage ZZR1200 C1H or C2H still hold them in very high regard personally as a great all rounder. Bit of a brute to commute on though. I'd prob start leaning towards the Honda side and get that Blade I didn't order 7 years ago due to an ignorant sales guy at dealers, but I need to find something I fit on with my bad leg, which is the biggest bloody challenge. 

Leave your bad leg at home n get the blade bought :D 

although, they dont do much for me tbh. 

S1000RR would be my pic out of the thou sports bikes. 

1 hour ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Leave your bad leg at home n get the blade bought :D 

although, they dont do much for me tbh. 

S1000RR would be my pic out of the thou sports bikes. 

BMW's have never really done much for me the S1000RR's are a bit to marmite a design too. I'd be happier with the likes of another ZZR1400 for that end of things. 

• Like 1

Honda CX500 flew through its MOT, which was great news. This was spoiled when we worked out it would need another MOT next year as it will expire a few weeks before the new 40 year exemption comes in. 

• Like 3

Picked the SP up yesterday. 

So small n light! Cant wait to give it the beans n properly see what its got. 

Got a few bits to put on it yet, akra will make a big difference 

need the suspension setting up properly. Its abit on the harsh side atm. As in, hit a small bump, nearly broke my wrists n thought id ridden through a grave. Backed the rear off but the forks need setting 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Picked the SP up yesterday. 

So small n light! Cant wait to give it the beans n properly see what its got. 

Got a few bits to put on it yet, akra will make a big difference 

need the suspension setting up properly. Its abit on the harsh side atm. As in, hit a small bump, nearly broke my wrists n thought id ridden through a grave. Backed the rear off but the forks need setting 

Nice one, I expect it to be up to mileage for it's first service come Tuesday. I expect to see some pics before the end of the day :biggrin:

The forks and shock might need to bed in a bit yet so don't be in a rush to get it set it up for you. Try backing off the compression on the forks by two for the moment until you can get the sag set. When you get chance you can check in the manual what the factory settings should be and compare against yours.

14 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Nice one, I expect it to be up to mileage for it's first service come Tuesday. I expect to see some pics before the end of the day :biggrin:

The forks and shock might need to bed in a bit yet so don't be in a rush to get it set it up for you. Try backing off the compression on the forks by two for the moment until you can get the sag set. When you get chance you can check in the manual what the factory settings should be and compare against yours.

First time they can get it in is 18th, which is abit annoying :D 

ah. Good point. They bed in do they? Never thought of that! 

The factory setting on the preload are out 18mm and the softest setting is 19mm. Which i thought was odd? 

Im abit of a novice on suspension set up. Would this be the normal compression on the top of the forks? Ive got a fast compression one on the bottom of each leg on this too. Dno if thats related to the problem? 

Cheers for your help! Will get some pics up :D