How long does it take?

I ordered my new Octavia2 lease company car on 20/9/05 with the lease company.

They have told me the dealer has no idea when it will arrive!!!

When I ordered it they said it would be here for 18 november so about 8 weeks. 2 other dealers who were after the business agreed the date as well so I guess that should be about right at the time.

They said the delay is cos I wanted satnav factory fitted.

Its a 2.0PD tdi Elegance hatch with Satnav, Mulit function wheel (maxi dot thingy) Pegasus alloys and the suspension kit,Sport boot spoiler all in Graphite Grey Mettallic woth black onyx interior.

Does anyone know a way of finding out how long it will be?

I dont know which dealer they are using.

I'm about to sign up for a similar Octy. I want DSG, Sat Nav, Xenons, Multi-function wheel and 17" wheels.....there goes the Xmas savings.......and I'm told the car will more or less have to be hand finished because of my slightly odd spec'. It's quite possible this car will not appear until February :orb_upset I used to work in the car trade and any order that varies from bog standardish, can take forever and thats not taking into account freighting, shipping, National holidays and sadly for Skoda fans, they do their stocktaking at the end of the year. :orb_sad_2 Still take heart, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait and you never know, you might hit lucky. :orb_cool:

Good luck

Lady E x

Yep would agree with Lady E about specs.

The other thing is that Skoda are quoting a general 6-8 week lead time on Octavias at the moment.

They will also be ramping up vRS production :D so that may effect delivery times a little on Octys too....

The problem is when Nov 18th comes......and then goes without a car. That's when I would get worried :mad:

Generally the lease companies will be slightly cautious, so you might recieve the car a little early. :)

I do have one question though, I've not been able to test an Octy with the 17" wheel/suspension combination, so I'm having to guess how hard the ride will be. I currently drive a Toledo (don't laugh) 130 TDi SE, which has 16" wheels and sport suspension as standard. This is pretty firm and to be honest I wouldn't really want anything harder than this, but I do love those Pegasus wheels. Anyone give me some guidence please?

Thanks guys

xx

I do have one question though' date=' I've not been able to test an Octy with the 17" wheel/suspension combination, so I'm having to guess how hard the ride will be. I currently drive a Toledo (don't laugh) 130 TDi SE, which has 16" wheels and sport suspension as standard. This is pretty firm and to be honest I wouldn't really want anything harder than this, but I do love those Pegasus wheels. Anyone give me some guidence please?

Thanks guys

xx[/color']

I tested the seat before the Skoda and the Skoda ride is not as harsh, still quite firm but not as crashy if you know what I mean!

Yep would agree with Lady E about specs.

The other thing is that Skoda are quoting a general 6-8 week lead time on Octavias at the moment.

They will also be ramping up vRS production :D so that may effect delivery times a little on Octys too....

The problem is when Nov 18th comes......and then goes without a car. That's when I would get worried :mad:

Generally the lease companies will be slightly cautious' date=' so you might recieve the car a little early. :)[/quote']

I rang Skoda business and they said 8 to 10 weeks for special order but it usually arrives early they said!!

My current car is with the same lease company so I can just keep that but I wanted to get me tax down!!! Current car is a Mazda6 TS2 estate.

I do have one question though' date=' I've not been able to test an Octy with the 17" wheel/suspension combination, so I'm having to guess how hard the ride will be. I currently drive a Toledo (don't laugh) 130 TDi SE, which has 16" wheels and sport suspension as standard. This is pretty firm and to be honest I wouldn't really want anything harder than this, but I do love those Pegasus wheels. Anyone give me some guidence please?

Thanks guys

xx[/color']

I test drove the sports suspension and found it noisy. Bought the standard setup and found the handling not much different, but with a smother and less noisy ride. Alloys arn't as nice but they're ok and easy to clean. The dealer was skeptical as to whether the sports pack actually improved the handling that much for the money.

I test drove the sports suspension and found it noisy. Bought the standard setup and found the handling not much different, but with a smother and less noisy ride. Alloys arn't as nice but they're ok and easy to clean. The dealer was skeptical as to whether the sports pack actually improved the handling that much for the money.

I'd agree.I went for standard setup myself which is pretty stiff anyway and handling is still good. The sports suspension is rock hard from what I remember and you get a lot of cabin noise. Standard setup is a good compromise between handling and comfort IMO.

Rock Hard :eek: I'd disagree, noisier maybe, but it's certainly not rock hard, I test drove a standard setup with 15in wheels and bought the the s/s pack + 17in wheels and find it good and very acceptable.:) if you are unsure make sure you test both.

Thanks guys

xx[/color']

Where in the country are you?

Rock Hard :eek: I'd disagree, noisier maybe, but it's certainly not rock hard, I test drove a standard setup with 15in wheels and bought the the s/s pack + 17in wheels and find it good and very acceptable.:) if you are unsure make sure you test both.

TBH your idea of rock hard might be different from mine. I like a bit of comfort in my car whereas if you are used to sports suspension it may seem ok. It was just unacceptable to me and i'd imagine my 1 yr old would voice his opinion too.

It felt very like my old MG TF which was a sports car and designed to be like that. I think it's hard to justify it in any other Octy than than the vRS.

Lease company called today and said end of Jan 06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

So I have told him where to stick it! And the cancellation fee!

Called my local dealer and he has found me 2 cars in the uk one grey and one silver that have all my options except Satnav which he can fit for me after delivery and the one I want will be here in less than two weeks!!

Hooray for local dealers!!!!!

Did you go for ESP or curtain airbags? IMO they are essential.

Also for me the tyre pressure monitor and light assist options are so cheap and definately worth having that i'd have been crazy not to spec them. My monthly payment only went up by

Its all gone tits up! :confused:

The dealer has called to say the satnav unit wont arrive till jan as there is a problem getting them?

Not sure what to make of this but I have to go along.

Well I thought I did.............

The lease company called today and said they can cancel the order no problem!

Then said I'll get back to you with the cancelation fee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems that they cant cancel the build of the car with skoda factory.

The dealer says as it is due to start build so soon they cant change the spec and as I have asked for an unusual spec the cancelation fee has to cover all the options to give them a normal basic model car cost.

It seems unfair but I can understand it.

I have contacted the supplying dealer and confirmed all this. He was very nice and honest about it all but his hands are tied with skoda and the very large lease company!

So it seems the only option is if the dealer can persuade skoda factory to change the build on monday, he has told me though that he and his factory contact dont hold out any hope!!!

I have tried Skoda uk and they dont want to get involved and said they wont intervene even!!!!!

So my option is to pay some

The Warrington dealer (Gorners) has re-located to Ashton-in-Makerfield (nr Wigan). Search on here for that location and it will come up with contact details (they're not on the Skoda website yet)

Also try the Crewe dealer if you don't mind a little bit of travel, it's a small dealership but they try very hard, really good customer service. Search for Robert Eardley on here or Skoda UK.

Next option for me would be Alex Lawrie in Liverpool. I hear consistently good things about them too...

Hope this helps - good luck finding one to test pilot :D

Steve