How long does it take?

The Warrington dealer (Gorners) has re-located to Ashton-in-Makerfield (nr Wigan). Search on here for that location and it will come up with contact details (they're not on the Skoda website yet)

Also try the Crewe dealer if you don't mind a little bit of travel' date=' it's a small dealership but they try very hard, really good customer service. Search for Robert Eardley on here or Skoda UK.

Next option for me would be Alex Lawrie in Liverpool. I hear consistently good things about them too...

Hope this helps - good luck finding one to test pilot :D

Steve[/quote']

Brilliant. Thanks a million. I just going out.....I may be some time. :)

I did eventually manage to get a test drive in the North East (spot the tenuous link in my name?) of the DSG gearbox, it was truly fab, even if it was a 1.9 Elegance and not the 2.0 litre model I want.

Lady Elanore xx

[ One special note is the Bolton dealer who is not a franchised garage (although he is Skoda approved for servicing) and sources his cars in a similar way to a broker, except with the advantage of being able to meet him face to face. He can do me

Well here the latest update--

The lease company has made many apologies for its sales force conduct!

I am now dealing with a director of Arnold Clark (huge company)

It seems they think the car will be here mid december but they dont register cars in december as it hits the residual value to hard and prefer to register it in jan as an 06 car.

I politeley informed him that I dont care what year it is as it is only a lease so not my problem on residual (thats why we lease!!!)

Also if they register the car in 2005 I get a discount of 3% company car tax as the government has a special deal for diesels this year and I would lose it if the car was registered in jan.

So after all that they say the will deliver the car to me by christmas!

So only a few weeks away now.

But I have so say that I am not holding my breath..............

I've driven the SEAT with sports suspension and it does your back in. All the auto mags drool about sports suspension and big wheels, but they don't have to live with them for the long term.

My advice: take the smallest wheels and softest suspension you can get - you'll love it the long run!

Agreed - hardly any normal driver gets anywhere near the limits of roadholding for the "lesser" wheels etc., and if they do, on public roads, they are probably going crazy !

• 1 month later...