NEC Bike show

Dr Zoidberg

Anyone else going to the Bike show at the NEC this week?

Anyone been there already?

I'm off for a mooch round on friday. Much better than fighting through the crowds on the weekend.

Going tomorrow, lot's of friends have already been and said it's pretty poo this year. Aprilia not there, lot's of usuals are staying away, Hein Gericke, Crowtree Leathers, ART have gone bust.

Just going because I have a free ticket, can take pic's of girlies, and need a new paddock stand for my triumph, plus looking to get a good oggle at the new R6 and gixxer 6/750 and of course the new 675 strumpet

Went yesterday, if you have a new style licence take the paper bit with you aswell or you wont be able to go on the test rides, supermoto or off road experiance, luckily I'm an old git with a paper licence so was ok :D

Show does seem to get smaller by the year though, didn't like the new R6's front, back or exhaust :thumbdwn:

Did manage to get a new Schwantz rep Arai for a good price though :thumbup:

Darren

I was at the show on Friday,I thought it was a great show compared to the Scottish show, plenty of racing stars (some suffering obvious hangovers) there is a common theme to paint schemes this year, it seems every manufacturer has orange and black amongst there models for 2006. The new R6 will be a best seller in the sports 600 class I reckon, oh and the bloody traffic you have on the M6 is a nightmare :eek: , 4 hours to travel 90 miles :thumbdwn: in the Furbie, think i`ll fly down the next time

Just got back an hour or so back after a pretty decent day out.

It was in the same halls as last year so the floor area wasn't any smaller , but there weren't quite as many stands as in previous years with Aprilia being the biggest omission that I noticed.

Of course the upside was that it was a little bit more spacious and being a friday it was pretty quiet. There were no problems in getting to sit on everything you wanted to which was nice.

Some nice looking new bikes there like the new Triumph 675 triple , and some pretty horible ones like the new zzr1400.

As usual the supersports bikes like the R1 and ZX10 seem to have shrunk and become less comfortable since last year though nothing has yet topped the ducati 999 for causing me pain :)

Didn't spend too much money. Just bought a fleece and another crash helmet.