Hi from the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire

balders

Finally got off my a**e and decided to delurk.

Currently driving a 2003 Octavia VRs in Black Magic Pearl. Had it from new and have to say that of the 20 (or so) cars I've owned, the VRs is undoubtedly the best. And the list of previous cars includes such gems as a Nissan 300ZX Turbo so that's saying something.

Currently facing a dilemma. Do I switch to a Mk 2 VRs TDi when it comes out (thus avoiding an MOT) or stick with the current model and seriously tweak it.

Decisions, decisions!!!! :)

Welcome to Briskoda :wave:

Can you live with the low revving, noisy nature of the diesel? If so then I'd order new, if not, then its time for some serious modding to your vRS! :thumbup:

Hi from someone whose wife comes from that country. :D If I were you I would tweak the vRS - and have a lot of fun - unless of course you can afford the depreciation of changing cars every couple of years.

Blimey lots of you from that area!

I am not far as I live just in Notts 2 miles from the South Yorkshire boarder.

Hi and welcome.

Would just say that I would keep your car and tune.

I love the 1.8T engines as there is so much that can be done to them.

Our Octavia is running 440bhp at the moment so yes get on with it.

Mmmm got to love the RS`s

Sarah

Good day from sunny Wothewam! I have a similar dilema and decided to go for the mod option, however, whenever I save up enough money, I end up with a large fine or an even larger repair bill. Ho hum...