Beige interior

Didn't know whether to post this under Superb lll or ll, but I wondered how people have got on with the beige interior. Does it mark from dark colours, especially jeans?

I'm on my second Superb, both with beige leather and no problems at all.  Cleans well, doesn't mark that much that much and looks really well IMO.  I think it cleans better than black as black often shows marks after they have been cleaned especially if incorrect cleaning products are used.  I wouldn't go for a dark interior again.

My current Superb (combi) has beige leather interior. Two kids, 6 and 4 years old. No problem in keeping it clean.

My previous Superb (hatchback) had beige cloth interior. The kids were babies by then. No problem.

I prefer leather to cloth, more comfortable, easier to clean and definetively looks better. The only advice I would give to you is not about the beige colour but about the leather rear seats: if you are going to use childseats over them, put something between the leather and the childseat in order not to crush and mark the upholstery. I use two beige towels (IKEA, 2.99 euros each :notme: ).

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

My Octavia does pick up some colour off jeans, but it lifts off very easily with some decent leather cleaner.

I do it about every three months which is fine to get the benefit of a nice light interior.

• 4 months later...

I have ordered a 1.4TSI 150BHP Superb Estate SE L Executive with Beige Leather Interior which was current in the Brochure and Configurator when I placed my order on 3rd November for delivery from 1st March 2016.

However, the December Brochure I downloaded the other day, only lists Black Leather or Beige Alcantara.

I have read on other sections of the site that there have been supply problems with Beige Leather which I had assumed was a temporary supply issue but now I have my doubts.

I wonder now whether I will have my car delivered with Beige Alcantara or Black Leather. Perhaps I may be given a choice! Or Perhaps I should change my order for my preference of Beige even if Alcantara otherwise I fear the interior will look very dark indeed. 

I would pleased to receive any advice or comments particularly from those in a similar position 

I have ordered a 1.4TSI 150BHP Superb Estate SE L Executive with Beige Leather Interior which was current in the Brochure and Configurator when I placed my order on 3rd November for delivery from 1st March 2016.

However, the December Brochure I downloaded the other day, only lists Black Leather or Beige Alcantara.

I have read on other sections of the site that there have been supply problems with Beige Leather which I had assumed was a temporary supply issue but now I have my doubts.

I wonder now whether I will have my car delivered with Beige Alcantara or Black Leather. Perhaps I may be given a choice! Or Perhaps I should change my order for my preference of Beige even if Alcantara otherwise I fear the interior will look very dark indeed.

I would pleased to receive any advice or comments particularly from those in a similar position

Have you spoken to dealer or Skoda CS. I would start there and find out exactly what your getting. If you ordered 9th Nov there is a good chance your order could be locked soon. They may have substituted black leather for the beige on your behalf.

I have the Skoda Superb Estate L&K with beige leather and it does pick up some color, both on the seat and on the door, but it has been an easy task to remove it.

And has only happened wearing new, dark jeans.

I have heard that the problem with the shortage of beige leather along with chrome roof rails, is likely to continue for a number of months to come, and is resulting in build weeks being further knocked back, if people are not willing to change their orders, for what is currently available.   Obviously if you have speced beige leather to go with the external colour, you may not be happy with a black or brown interior.  Some jan dates have now been pushed back to april.

I have beige ordered and my build week is still 52 and I have had no correspondence with dealer or Skoda to say there is an issue with stock, so I am expecting my order to be correct. If the car arrives with black leather it won't be getting accepted.

It seems my worries are unfounded.

I contacted my supplier today to be informed that he believes Skoda are concerned that too many customers are ordering the SE-L rather than the L&K. so they have removed the option of Beige Leather on the SE-L but retained it on the L&K hopefully to increase sales of the latter.

As the option was current when I ordered in early November, he states my SE-L will have Beige Leather.

I am reassured and hope others are also.

Seems a little bizarre!  No beige option at all on the SE-L?!!  I think they will lose more customers by doing that as there is a quite a premium for the L&K and there are many that want beige especially when its leather interior.  Is that a short-term measure by Skoda and does it only apply to the UK market?  Is it the same with the Style (SE-L equivalent in other markets) I wonder?

Seems a little bizarre!  No beige option at all on the SE-L?!!  I think they will lose more customers by doing that as there is a quite a premium for the L&K and there are many that want beige especially when its leather interior.  Is that a short-term measure by Skoda and does it only apply to the UK market?  Is it the same with the Style (SE-L equivalent in other markets) I wonder?

I have had 5 Skodas including 2 L&Ks,  was very close to ordering a Superb with beige leather (wife finds the black makes the cabin look dark),  Not going to pay the premium for the L&K, but was going to add about £2.5k of extras on a SE-L.    The lack of beige leather will mean next car wont be a Skoda, unless there is a sudden U turn, are Skoda trying to dump customers (why?) by alienating people like me.

Actually I do wonder what planet the people who make these decisions are on, surely they should be aiming to sell cars, not saying buy a more expensive version or go to another manufacturer

• Like 1

According to the December 15 Brochure you can still have the option of Beige Ventilated Leather Upholstery on the Superb SEL Executive unless they forgot to remove it as an option! :S

Edited by Prykey

Yes, you are correct but the cost is an extra £625.

If you don't want Black leather then Beige Alcantara must be a good FOC alternative

I know some prefer it but personally I wouldn't take alcantara as a compromise option.  I'll be watching this one with interest as I was going to consider the Style (SE-L) next time and spec it up with one or two options (rather than pay over €4K for the L&K) but full beige leather would definitely be a deal breaker for me and if that were the case I'd probably go for a Passat instead where full beige is available in the sports pack.

Yes, you are correct but the cost is an extra £625.

If you don't want Black leather then Beige Alcantara must be a good FOC alternative

You can't just pay £625 and have ventilated seats to get the beige option.   You also need to make both front seats full electric/memory so it costs over £1k more

Would rather go elsewhere than have black or alcantara. 

Interestingly can still get beige leather on the Octavia, but costs more than alcantara on that model, so Skoda are inferring the alcantara is worth about £400-500 less if you use the Octavia pricing list.    I don't really understand the pricing inconsistency between the models. 

Edited by SurreyJohn

You can't just pay £625 and have ventilated seats to get the beige option.   You also need to make both front seats full electric/memory so it costs over £1k more

Would rather go elsewhere than have black or alcantara. 

Interestingly can still get beige leather on the Octavia, but costs more than alcantara on that model, so Skoda are inferring the alcantara is worth about £400-500 less if you use the Octavia pricing list.    I don't really understand the pricing inconsistency between the models. 

I think the point I was trying to make was why can't you get the normal leather in beige if you can get the ventilated leather in that colour, seems stupid to me. 

Agree about the pricing policy, if you try and spec an Octavia up to the same level as a Superb the Octavia costs more with less kit?? :notme: