Rob's Ur Quattro

RobClubley

@RobClubley

As the proud owner of 2 permanently deformed (they curve in at the front, instead of out..) ribs. I feel your pain... 

Wait until that ribs better to go push starting ;)

And i hope the imminent pollen count increase as ye approach summer doesnt cause any hayfever related sneezing.. its the 2nd worst thing during a rib healing.... coughing is the absolute worst :sadsmile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac11irl said:

@RobClubley

As the proud owner of 2 permanently deformed (they curve in at the front, instead of out..) ribs. I feel your pain... 

Wait until that ribs better to go push starting ;)

And i hope the imminent pollen count increase as ye approach summer doesnt cause any hayfever related sneezing.. its the 2nd worst thing during a rib healing.... coughing is the absolute worst :sadsmile:

Ouch, not good!

Yeah I sneezed once when it was really sore and didn't enjoy that at all. It's much better now, just getting the odd twinge when I move the wrong way.

• Like 1

I think I may have fixed the petrol smell issue by removing and re-fitting the fuel cap :D :D :D

On the way home we had 4 people in the car, and it started and went well. Rear wheels were rubbing though. It seems to be about 2cm lower on the rear left, which is weird, and doesn't help.
Not sure why that would be but I'm going to have to give in and take it apart at some point I think. I'd like it to be a little higher at the back, but I'm not sure how I can raise it just a bit without changing springs.

Also I really need to get a resonator added to the exhaust - the drone at 90-100kph is a bit much 

43059048_1513719012061723_42659630940873

On 05/10/2018 at 10:49, KenONeill said:

Have a look at/for the spring pads that go between the coils and the seats.

Ditto, my old merc 190e has different thickness spring pads depending on the equipment on the car. They go on top of the spring to the cup and you could get different thickness to fine tune the suspension, I assume most of that era has similar things 

Edited by TrevorB33
  • Like 1

On 07/10/2018 at 05:31, TrevorB33 said:

Ditto, my old merc 190e has different thickness spring pads depending on the equipment on the car. They go on top of the spring to the cup and you could get different thickness to fine tune the suspension, I assume most of that era has similar things 

This looks promising..

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/suspension/listing-1793919863.htm?rsqid=2fc20b4593e84074b6b513ad29e94207

It'd be sandwiched between the top of the spring and metal top cap, so would be captive.

36 minutes ago, RobClubley said:

This looks promising..

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/parts-other-makes/suspension/listing-1793919863.htm?rsqid=2fc20b4593e84074b6b513ad29e94207

It'd be sandwiched between the top of the spring and metal top cap, so would be captive.

Looks like it would do the same job, these are the ones off the merc, these would only work if the spring sits in a cup though 

34202AB9-C4A5-4496-A9CD-B920CA727659.jpeg

• Like 1

It's quite incredible the journey you've been on. I just went back to look at the early pictures of Rusty and his/her gaffa tape fixes :D 

I had a resonator delete on my M4 because I am hardcore :tongueout:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/10/2018 at 14:49, Lady Elanore said:

It's quite incredible the journey you've been on. I just went back to look at the early pictures of Rusty and his/her gaffa tape fixes :D 

I had a resonator delete on my M4 because I am hardcore :tongueout:

You are gangsta as f^$% :D

Oh man it's so much more civilised. But still sounds awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzjyA6gUrCA&

Also I think I need to worry about my daughter and cars.

Edited by RobClubley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The factory wiring is pretty spaghetti-like, but I didn't help matters by adding my own little switched live distribution board, which has grown into a mess of "temporary" additions to get things working. I've added several bits of tech, plus bypassed a couple of factory wires to fix issues, and ended up with an unlabelled mess. So I need to take it all apart, re-do and label it. I found this really neat fuse board on Ebay which I'll move everything over to, and label  properly. I got as far as mounting it under the dash before my fingers went numb. We're having a bit of a cold snap here in Wellington!

43633720_1524352200998404_58912960316304

43931469_1524352244331733_34098627334478

43879426_1524352334331724_56369713170192