sMSbtj3.png

Not my house :D
B2Kqdxd.png

New garage
KNzGl3o.png

iGFPcnO.png

FQNswXQ.png

TUVdisC.png

Never really took much notice of this switch under the bonnet until now. Of course it has no wire connected, a paint mark around it and two random holes. Standard for this car.
Presumably from that old alarm I pulled out.
v1wsOq3.png

Finally got the glovebox fitted better.
lpEBqug.png

And more Dynamat for reduction of vibrations.
jqF8X2w.png

Little photo stop
peUr3Fp.jpg

fOkzbGB.jpg

C5fXFqG.jpg

1AiPKEZ.jpg

Hey1CvV.jpg

8gLviPP.jpg

tCtGoGQ.jpg

JfVFfWW.jpg

Also this happened :D
wNyp5At.png

• Like 3

Checking out where the remaining oil leak is. It’s not that clear from the photos but it seems to be coming from between the back of the block and gearbox. So I’m thinking rear main seal. That’s also the only one I haven’t replaced yet. Parts are on their way.

UamLatL.png
ACPu0NB.png
eoUjeXE.png

• Like 1

From memory, there was a gasket, a housing and a seal on the rear main, but I also remember a gallery plug back there too, but for the life of me I can't remember if it was for oil or water.

Love that garage too, best of luck to you with it Rob, a real nice place to play man cave .:giggle:

Edited by kentphil1

6 hours ago, kentphil1 said:

From memory, there was a gasket, a housing and a seal on the rear main, but I also remember a gallery plug back there too, but for the life of me I can't remember if it was for oil or water.

Love that garage too, best of luck to you with it Rob, a real nice place to play man cave .:giggle:

Yep :)

image.png.ec0619c2d7c940d0b49099ba2a7021f3.png

The new house is a rental, but we're building one to move into late this year which will have a similar garage (actually 1m wider!), and 4 acres where I'm planning a 6x10m shed when budget allows.

1 hour ago, kentphil1 said:

Will you be fitting the seal yourself Rob?

Good question! Part of me wants to do it, part of me says removing a gearbox is too much of a PITA without a hoist and all the right tools.

Edited by RobClubley

I wrote a little story.

https://inoneear.substack.com/p/robs-audi-quattro?r=db0vk&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Planning to do some interviews and build this into something. Tell people's stories of their cars. More about the person and the relationship with the car than the car itself. 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 2

Two 1984-built Montego Black WR urquattros in one place!

dHvwqgn.jpg

NKT7jqY.jpg

Z0BURIB.jpg

E0gmwun.jpg

P180ph0.jpg

ySr2I7z.jpg

1y41ffZ.jpg

8WQE7Li.jpg

KFiH5QH.jpg

It was great catching up with Andrew and Justine from Christchurch, on their way back from the Vintage Car Club rally and well-timed for the day we went to Covid Red traffic light setting.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2022 at 23:51, Lady Elanore said:

I always said white wheels were the way to go :) 

When you first said that, I wasn't sure in my minds eye if it would work, but seeing those 2 side by side, I 100% agree. Not only does the colour work, but the style of wheel has taken years off the car's age.

I really should listen more next time you say something about colours.👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kentphil1 said:

When you first said that, I wasn't sure in my minds eye if it would work, but seeing those 2 side by side, I 100% agree. Not only does the colour work, but the style of wheel has taken years off the car's age.

I really should listen more next time you say something about colours.👍

It must be said I am not a first choice for fashion and colour info. I like the front on the new M3/M4 for instance :D 

• 2 weeks later...