Rob's Ur Quattro

RobClubley

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2022 at 09:08, RobClubley said:

Out in the wild!
After 100km or so of general driving the fuel gauge seems to have settled to a consistent reading, about 10l less than the actual amount but as long as it stays consistent that's fine by me.

uksdTXa.png

CgTA5F3.png

Roofline looks like GT40 or Lambo compared to neighbours in shot outside Lluma.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

Hi Rob, are the waterworks shots up in Kaitoke?

Wadestown - I've driven past a few times and thought it'd be an interesting backdrop.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wadestown,+Wellington/@-41.2682135,174.776942,20z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6d38ae1f9ac3aed1:0x500ef6143a311d0!8m2!3d-41.2619938!4d174.7741937

12 hours ago, KenONeill said:

Quality beading shot. :) 

The ceramic coating was so worth it! Almost 5 years and still doing the business.

Edited by RobClubley

16 hours ago, RobClubley said:

Wadestown - I've driven past a few times and thought it'd be an interesting backdrop.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wadestown,+Wellington/@-41.2682135,174.776942,20z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6d38ae1f9ac3aed1:0x500ef6143a311d0!8m2!3d-41.2619938!4d174.7741937

The ceramic coating was so worth it! Almost 5 years and still doing the business.

Well I never! - I lived in Grant Road to age 10, trekked all around the Town belt above and never realised it was there.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2022 at 01:25, RobClubley said:

It's always fun taking pictures next to modern small cars.

BKLTK6J.png

I don't take pictures but often look at my mk1 mx5 parked next to modern stuff and think it looks small ...   Even the swift looks big next to it.

Edited by skomaz
  • Like 1

Modern cars are huge, and the UK parking spaces were starting to look small in the 90's. 

Now however the cars are way too big and the spaces a reasonable bit too small.

Glad the fuel readings seem to behaving, although with lead times on everything I'd be getting a spare for the shelf.

I assume there isn't some crud in the tank or that any of the welding/filter removal hasn't allowed another chamber to become open?

15 hours ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Modern cars are huge, and the UK parking spaces were starting to look small in the 90's. 

Now however the cars are way too big and the spaces a reasonable bit too small.

Glad the fuel readings seem to behaving, although with lead times on everything I'd be getting a spare for the shelf.

I assume there isn't some crud in the tank or that any of the welding/filter removal hasn't allowed another chamber to become open?

I would get a spare if they were available. At some point I'll pull it back out and refurbish it.

I've just watched that. There were one or two very tempting cars there (if I had any money left that is :D ) loved the yellow Ferrari 208. Who wouldn't like a 2.0 V8 :) The modded V12 E type looked great value too