The Superb III Picture thread

The Rosso has really come up well. It's a good loking car in that colour anyway but with that treatment it looks stunning! Better start saving to get mine done. I am guessing that was a four figure job?

Yep, it wasn't cheap but I plan to keep the car for a long time so was worth it for me. Silver correction detail (£695) with the GTechniq package (£345) plus Crystal Serum upgrade (£200) - and then add VAT!

Yep, it wasn't cheap but I plan to keep the car for a long time so was worth it for me. Silver correction detail (£695) with the GTechniq package (£345) plus Crystal Serum upgrade (£200) - and then add VAT!

No mate's rates then ;)

How long was the car with them, sounds like a good 3/4 day's work when you add in things like curing time!?

Edited by Prykey

I thought that the Silver Package was for cars with severe paint defects??

It does look very nice by the way.

I too went to KDS on Gizmo's recommendation (Gizmo ought to get a referral bonus!) & they had to do the Bronze repairs on mine, loads of swirls from the dealer's cleaners, a couple of touch ups from somewhere along the production process & a few weird chips that they weren't sure if someone had put something on the car or something had been in the paint (didn't bother going back to the dealer about it as I'd had the car a week & assumed I'd get nowhere) . Apparently this isn't uncommon even in cars more expensive than ours - still annoying though!

I was really pleased with my results too, I just haven't got round to posting the pics yet.

• Like 2

Much better now it's had a real clean. Wash, clay, polish and wax. Loving the quartz grey.

Nice one mrmulti looks well smart. Still waiting for mine, still lying on the docks but at least it is Tyne port and not Emden.

• Like 1

Here's a shot of my car after detailing work carried out by KDS consisting of paint correction (silver level) + G Techniq with Crystal Serum upgrade:

You can see the level of work that's gone in to it by the depth of that shine! Stunning.

A few more

It's a 150 diesel manual with park assist, Pegasus alloys (which I think really looks good as always liked them on the Passat cc), rear wash wipe and colour maxi dot (which is well worth the extra cash imo) in moon white metallic. Added the mudguards today from superskoda, I think they worked out about £20 quid for front and rear as they are on offer at the moment.

Ordered mid October and got it 2 weeks back

Polished with standard autoglym but did not have the time to do anything special yet.

One problem waxing a white car is it's quite hard to see how much wax/polish you have applied when you are doing it lol, also surprise surprise gets very dirty very quickly and spend loads of time getting rid of tar spots. Hopefully mud guards will help a bit with that?

Any more request let me know

Cheers

post-42733-0-11595200-1456612838_thumb.jpeg

post-42733-0-16138100-1456612848_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Much better now it's had a real clean. Wash, clay, polish and wax. Loving the quartz grey.

So then what did you use mrmulti, interested to find out what's easiest to use at home haven't got time to have it off the road if I ever get it next month lol. But would like to apply some treatment myself.

So then what did you use mrmulti, interested to find out what's easiest to use at home haven't got time to have it off the road if I ever get it next month lol. But would like to apply some treatment myself.

Having never done any kind of detailing I got some advice from DetailingWorld and the styling and car care briskoda page.

2 Bucket Wash with Meguiars

Rinse and dry to see what it was like. Used a fallout remover and that took a fair bit of crap off the paint

Never clayed a car so tried the farecla clay Mit. Really good product and made the paintwork ultra smooth (also quicker than a clay bar).

It didn't really need a polish as the paintwork was already good but I'd bought some Auto Finesse Triple which is a really nice all in one and a good base coat for a wax. Took advice from all over for a wax and ended up with the FK1000P. Really easy to put on and wipe off. (It was this or the carlack sealant, thought I'd try a wax first). Same wax on the wheels too.

I rarely have much time to spend on the car so I was going with the idea of a little extra now should make a fortnightly wash a bit easier. The wax should be good for three months but I do have some meguiars quik wax (really easy spray) to top it up after a wash.

And to finish it off some Auto Finesse crystal on the glass.

This is a first for me as all previous cars used to go through the car wash.

• Like 1

Slightly biased but Hozz your car looks great.

Exactly the same colour (petrol blue) as my superb estate.

Looks superb and I was really please I chose this colour. Originally I ordered quart grey but changed my mind early on and no regrets thats for sure