• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1st car was a Nova 1.3SR,

then a Citroen AXGT,

then a VW Golf Mk2 GTi(had for 9 years)

then Fiesta Zetec S(aswell as the Golf)

then Corrado VR6(sold Fiesta still had Golf)

then got the Octavia and have never looked back,took another 12 months to sell the Corrado VR6 i have admit as its a great handling car,the best i've ever driven.

the Octavia is gonna be getting better all the time,as you can see from what i've done so far,Brakes and KW's in the new year then maybe some wheels,BBS CH(GORGEOUS WHEELS)

Peugeot 309 GLX (1300cc)

Black metallic with the sports seat from the GTi, plus the large vacuum sunroof thingy too.

Nippy.

But i sort of *twisted* the front nearside suspension arm, which was replaced, but that front side was always out by almost an inch after, compared to otherside of car.

jacked in againt the Octy........I paid

Focus 1.6 Zetec. Much better chasis, but over all not a better car! I prefer the vRS because of looks, economy, performance (1.6 had NO guts!!)

Oh and the badge! The skoda badge was a HUGE draw for me, I like going agains the grain of my peers, this really p15ed them off coz they had to admit they like it :)

car history so far:-

1. 88 E 997 fiesta popular plus, should have kept it longer

2. 89 F 1.3 metro GTA, handled quite qell and went well enough for me at the time but kept breaking down

3. 2000 W 1.0 12v corsa, good for the money

4. 2001 X 1.1 106, nice to drive and quite good handling but noisy and a bit flimsy

5. 99 T 1.6 focus estate, liked a lot and got pimped up(tints, 17's, lowered, cone filter, back box and lots of stereo)

6. 2001 Y octavia 4x4

7. 92 K nova 1.5 TD, good for a bit of abuse and actually goes quite well, still got skoda though

I had a Renault Sport Clio 172 Cup until it was writen off (Dam Nissan Drivers)

I do miss the power of the Clio compared with the vRS and the fuel economy. That's why it's going to be Jabba'd.

I would of had another one but waiting list was around 5 months and i was without a car.

Hey! Most Nissan drivers are not prize tools! I never did anyone any harm in my 200sx, aside from the mental cruelty of being in my passenger seat when I was in a hurry! :D

Bit of a shady past with former cars though:

1. Nova SR - 11,701 miles when I boght it in '97, mint and standard.

Many mods, then killed it by flipping it on its roof.

2. Pug 309 GTi - again pleasantly fettled, almost killed by a Sabb 93 who failed to stop at a junction where I had right of way, repaired, sold to a mate a year or two later who T-boned a camper van and killed it.

3. Fiesta mk2, bought for

got rid of a Renault 19 16v to have the Octy.

147K miles and still running fine, although it did have nearly everything changed within the 6 years i owned it. only body work, the steering rack and the engine remained original.

before that i had a company car and before that i used the bus ;)

Sounds like I've had a pretty dull series of cars...

1) 1981 Fiesta 1.1

2) 1982 Golf 1.5 - fantastic car - 130k no probs

3) 1986 Scirooco 1.6 GT - fantastic drive, shame about the reliablility

4) 1986 Fiesta 1.4 Ghia, nice and nippy but not much else in its favour

5) 1990 Nova 1.5 SXTD - my first diesel. Great engine, shame everything else fell apart (including the horn detaching itself on the M25!)

6) 1993 Tipo 1.6 - still miss this, a lovely drive but had a vast appetite for oil and bulbs, in fact for anything electrical like starter motors too

7) 2000 Polo 1.4 TDI - which seemed great until I got the Fabia. Still, it did 83k almost without any glitch. Wanted a Fabia 1.9TDI Elegance but there were delivery delays.

My past cars are not exactly anything to boast about :(

1st car was a 1.0 Nova saloon, but it was actually quite fun to drive, because the handling was so poor it meant you were all over the place. I had the car from 60k miles to 70k miles by which time it broke down on the way to trade in for my 2nd car...

2nd car was a 1.0 16v Micra, bog standard, but 3 years free insurance, servicing, warranty. Dont have to explain why, as a 18 y/o with no NCB that this was a desirable option. Still, not too bad for a 1.0, but certainly nothing to write home about. Loved it at the time though.

3rd car was a 1.4 16v Micra Sport+. Not sure what really made me buy that one, maybe some daft hang up that one day I had to own the top one. Well I wish I hadnt bothered now. It was quite nippy for a 1.3 (it was actually a 1.3 despite the name), but didnt really handle or brake, but it was, in its own way, quite fun to drive I guess.

That leads me to the Skoda, which after 9 months and 13k miles, is proving to be (unsurprisingly) by far my most favourite car yet. I just cant get enough of the vRS...

Well where to start :rofl:

1.0l nova when i passed my test (was me mums) - died from bearing failure

1.1l polo coupe, on a C plate.. had done 130k but had FSH and had been looked after! - written off after a month when a tool in a discovery pulled out infront of me and i ended up in a ditch.

2.0l turbo Nova (i was a mechanic at 18-20 on traders insurance :D ) - was very unreliable as couldnt afford the uprated driveshafts so i kept snapping them. - finally split down and sold the engine/box for more than i paid for the car

1.1l e-reg fester.. was bought for