40k Variable Service Pricing

mannyo

Originally posted by Quinten in this post

Cue: John (stopan1j)...

Q - you have been listening when I 've been talking then;)

With Big K on this one.....

I have always used the Fan jet screen wash in the RS - I buy it from a local VW dealer on my doorstep as its used by VW and Audi for fan jet wsher systems. The price difference of the standard and fan jet concenrate is very small - so using the correct wash is not a problem.

My dealer always leaves what is not used in the car - mine tends to go in farly full but It always is topped up as I would expect and the remainder left in the car.

When I had my felicia serviced the standard concentrate wash left in the car and at my RS's 20K service the fan jet lemon flavour was left in the car.

I would have been very unhappy if the dealer had topped up with some budget wash from a motor factor, as I always have used what is specified for the vehicle and would expect a main dealer to.

The dealer using the correct type of fluid shows to me the attention to the correct servicing schedule and is excellent - as I am sure they would do the same with other more critical service items.

My dealer chatrged 1.99+vat for the fan jet wash and left the remainder of a 1 litre bottle.

John

are you sure because the "proper" stuff is nearly colorless

Originally posted by fabia in

this post

my car had plain water in the washer bottle when i collected it and it had just been through a 20000 mile service :(

• 8 years later...