Change of alloys

Interesting indeed. I ordered Combi Style version (In Finland) on 18th of June and never considered ordering the car with the standard Stratos wheels. Instead, I ordered with the Helios which I find much more appealing. After having now seen Stratos wheels in real life I was even more happier that I didn’t took those. For my eyes they look so terrible. Small wheels with many spokes just doesn't fit a car like this, in my opinion. But we all seem to have different tastes  :D   

• Like 2

Interesting indeed. I ordered Combi Style version (In Finland) on 18th of June and never considered ordering the car with the standard Stratos wheels. Instead, I ordered with the Helios which I find much more appealing. After having now seen Stratos wheels in real life I was even more happier that I didn’t took those. For my eyes they look so terrible. Small wheels with many spokes just doesn't fit a car like this, in my opinion. But we all seem to have different tastes  :D   

You know what.... I agree.

From my dealer sent to all people today my order has now moved to Helios

Change of alloy wheels for new Superb

29 September 2015

Affects SE Business and SE

Standard alloys on Superb SE Business are changing from 17-inch Stratos to 17-inch Helios to reduce production lead times. All Superb SE Business cars built from week 44 (starting 26 October) will have Helios alloys unless alternatives have been ordered.

Please check your orders and inform customers affected.

Stratos alloys are being removed from the system so they can no longer be ordered.

The Superb and Superb SE Business brochures are being updated.

I've had the same email forwarded to me this morning by my dealer, albeit I'd asked if there was an issue rather than waiting to be told. The upshot for me is my car is currently week 42 unconfirmed so as things stand will come with the Stratos alloys. I think I prefer the Helios now :D

According to the brochures, Stratos isn't available on the SE-L? Helios is available as FOC.

Do you know what, I'll shut up I think. My mistake, yes I meant to say Helios, the five spoke wheel right, I get confused easily. So should be no problem with my choice then.

• Like 1

I've had the same email forwarded to me this morning by my dealer, albeit I'd asked if there was an issue rather than waiting to be told. The upshot for me is my car is currently week 42 unconfirmed so as things stand will come with the Stratos alloys. I think I prefer the Helios now :D

I presume you're joking, but on the off-chance that you're not, I'd be keen to swap!

Actually, I'm prepared to offer anyone who gets Stratos the option to swap with my Helios, maybe in January, and I'll give £100 into the bargain...

Edited by thewinelake

I'm so glad you posted this SuperbMan71 (there's so many of you!) because I've now had to commit to a 1.4TSI 150 PS SE L Exec estate but I had previously wanted the Rough Road Package which I though I was denied until I took a catalogue at gunpoint (joke) from a 'salesman' at Gordon Lamb's in Chesterfield today and found that  the 17" Helios wheels are an option. It's so kind of Skoda to allow us to downgrade from the standard 18" Zenith's to 17" Helios without actually charging us for the privilege! Tears welling up, might not be able to continue....

However, I see from Page 30 of the UK brochure (featuring mostly left hand drive vehicles) that the SE L can have the 17" Helios wheels if a 1.4 TSi.

The Rough Road Package is not stated to be available for the SE L but is for vehicles  with 16" or 17" wheels.

Does all of this mean I can have the Rough Road Package on an SE L if I specify the now attractive 17" Helios wheels?

Answers, on a post card please, to.......

17" Helios alloy wheels with anti-theft wheel bolts (17" x 7J with 215/55 R17 tyres)

So, according to Skoda I may have been a little wide off with my presumption that the change of alloys on SE Business are anything other than supply related issues, and the Helios wheels that will replace the original Stratos design are not any narrower.

Lifted directly from the Skoda Superb specification spreadsheet updated that's been circulated to reflect changes to SE Business vehicles the car will now come with;

17" Helios alloy wheels with anti-theft wheel bolts (17" x 7J with 215/55 R17 tyres).

Guess there must therefore be an error in the German accessories brochure that was circulated previously, as that clearly indicated 17" x 6.5J sizing.

Appears all Superb models have lost 'Pedestrian Protection' - whatever that was.

Albeit they are very similar, i think these look like the Zeus alloys rather than Helios?

Yes - they are Zeus , which is a free option on the SE business.  Rather than the Helios where not standard option for a SE business, just standard on a SE.

Few people where saying they didn't like the Zeus..

(think that's right!)

I can't tell the difference between Zeus and Helios - both bloody ugly in my opinion!

Would be nice to find somewhere I could see them in the flesh, but doubt that any self-respecting dealer would have ordered them ;-)

I was thinking they the Zeus had more of a swirl to them but you are right.. not much diff between them and Heilos.

Think the key issue here as from the first few posts.. is people are getting the multi Stratos replaced with the 5 spoker

I might get some of these with winter tyres and hope my next car can take them...

productlarge_2679_600.jpg

http://m.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/wolfrace/lugano/shadow-chrome/17-inch

Those do look good! Also considering a set for winter tyres as intending to keep car for 10 years and/or until death do us part (which is likely to happen before I get a call back from the dealer I spoke to this morning!)

• Like 1

But we're not in Germany!

People generally purchase a second hand set of alloys for winter wheels, do you really want to spend shed loads on a brand set for them to get ditched in the winter months - snow, salt etc.

I don't see the fascination with big rims... I like a soft ride that tolerates the crappy roads we have in London.

For £650 you can get some very tasty third party runs...

Edited by thewinelake
  • Like 1

I don't see the fascination with big rims... I like a soft ride that tolerates the crappy roads we have in London.

For £650 you can get some very tasty third party runs...

But.. That £650 pays for 4, 19inch wheels plus 4 19inch tyres.

The tyres alone cost around that

• Like 1

But.. That £650 pays for 4, 19inch wheels plus 4 19inch tyres.

The tyres alone cost around that

Yes but you would also have your std wheels and tyres as well (which you could sell if you wanted)