The First Modification......

Oggs

On Saturday I Pick up my new Black Fabia VRS and i cannot wait.

However luckily enough i have a few spare quid left over and am pondering on how to spend to spend it; i should have enough for maybe a set of 17's or a chip but dont know which to go for first......

So from trawling through the forums some i have come across a whole variety of mods; eg:Cupra Intake (dubious if this makes any difference), Eibach Lowering Springs, Alloys, SuperChip - Maybe i should run the car in for a few thousand miles before i get a chip; that way i would appreciaite the power gains more?? New Front grill and the list goes on.....

so where do i put my money? what is going to give me the best satisfaction per english pound if you like?

I am thinking about lowering springs and some cheaper alloys at the moment but any suggestions or ideas are welcomed.......

Lowering springs do help the handling quite a bit.

The PD160 intake will help the throttle response as with the Green Cotton Filter.

Remap will help with the grin factor.

We can offer Custom-Code that will take the bhp from 130 to 170.

But each to their own , it depends what you want.

Lowering springs will give you 30mm on the front and the rear.

Sarah

DEFINITELY sort out your suspension first. A nice 40mm drop with H&R, Bilstein or Eibachs...don't know if Bilstein make them for the Fabia though. Leave the alloys for a while, with a good drop they look fantastic on the car. And then with any left overs, get a K&N filter, a thick Cupra intake, and eventually, after you've run the car in, a remap :D

ok thanks for the prompt advice.

i think the superchip/remap can wait untill i have covered a few miles and got used to driving a diesel.

I think lowering will be the first mod; eibach's seem to be the popular choice on here which give a 25mm drop i beleive. Do club members get discount at any shops or websites where i can get a set of springs?