What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

Almost a snap there Steve!

Just bought Bilt Hamber Auto-foam - 5L and Bilt Hamber Auto Wheels 1L.

They go with the Bilt Hamber clay bar and Auto-QD I already have.

I've been using the Auto foam for a long time and find it excellent - not as 'foamy' as some but definitely "does what it says on the tin"...

• Like 3

Very nice! Yep, I do like BH's products.

They've done well out me this year as a result, as I bought all their 'heavy duty' products for underside/arch cleaning and protection on the Eunos :thumbup:

Their product knowledge and support are second-to-none as well.

I have finally bit the bullet and invested into a 'propper' snow foam lance for my Nilfisk and some propper snow foam!

- i6Auto lance for £15 the quality is better than I thought, brass fittings and looks identical to the AutoBrite one I have been waiting to get back in stock.

- KKD Blizzard Tutti Frutti (Smells beautiful!)

Can't wait to try them out at the weekend.

• Like 3

Sounds good - enjoy :)

Forgot about KKD actually; might get some of their foam too :thumbup: - where did you order from, out of interest?

Edited by Wardy

Cheers - I will do :sun:

I got it from https://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/collections/krystal-kleen-detail which seem to be their distributer. Although I've just realised that I acutally pass KKD on my way to our Oxford office that I visit with work every month or so! next time i'll probably collect in person!

• Like 1

I have finally bit the bullet and invested into a 'propper' snow foam lance for my Nilfisk and some propper snow foam!

- i6Auto lance for £15 the quality is better than I thought, brass fittings and looks identical to the AutoBrite one I have been waiting to get back in stock.

- KKD Blizzard Tutti Frutti (Smells beautiful!)

Can't wait to try them out at the weekend.

Likewise - i'm running the i6auto snow foam lance and very impressed with it!

Totally agree - KKD Tutti Frutti, one of the best smelling products out there.... :thumbup:

• Like 2

Ok after a lot of waffle about the best wax and er mer gherd its wonderful stuff I bought some soft99fusso light to try on my VRS, pictures tell one story. Does give a great shine, no idea what the beading etc is as just finished it. 

14333795_1128736930538025_37736577850623

14445987_1128736907204694_18043764909265

14440994_1128737000538018_61786813615817

14440685_1128736963871355_82924578020499

14440663_1128737123871339_53356002127479

14370182_1128737140538004_42328297667989

14358896_1128737030538015_47844135397912

14370176_1128736943871357_31960648346639

14364703_1128736917204693_91273958617284

Ok its a good shine, but boy oh boy what a workout to get off, virtually nothing used and still was an epic task. And ive never had anything since the old turtle wax days that leaves in every nook and cranny white bits, add in the extra time to get a nail in to remove from the rubbers, and rub a microfibre along every crease to remove was certainly a task. Emperors clothes time, its good but not a wipe on wipe off product. I never thought id say id ever find something that built up the arms more than bilthamer but here it is. 

• Like 2

What condition/state was the paintwork in, prior to applying the wax? I often see the same review about Collinite and how hard it is to work with.

Yet if the paintwork has been polished and sealed, it becomes much, much easier to work with :)

washed at least three times a week, polished usually once a fortnight, foamed when it needs it, cayed as well when it needs it, it was like silk after using bilthamer autobalm, Still was when that was put on top. now feels like it needs a clay. Not to mention that it gets into every nook and cranny with little bits of white stuff and would break your heart getting it out. Put on with a wet applicator, removed with a microfibre after a 20 minute glazing time. I Valet as a hobby

• Like 1

Now a little follow up, last night it rained quite heavily for a short period of time, beading is pretty impressive.

1044101_1128949750516743_817660875108394

Then took a short drive, maybe two or three miles around town so no high speed stuff nad on returning, car was basically dry, now that was more impressive

14440670_1128949943850057_33553769498545

14368792_1128950080516710_13173626115598

14344167_1128950017183383_43820325978526

much more impressive than I thought now, Car was not dried in any way shape or form in between, just ran clean off it once moving. Im going to give it another coat today, reading up the best results are given by doing that, also, ive been given a tip of removing it using a damp microfibre should be a lot easier, If it leaves the white stuff in the rubbers again you may hear on the news loud screams and swearing heard in my vicinity! 

**edit**

as another follow on, second coat now on, this time removed with a damp microfibre and was suggested to me, and it was a wipe on wipe off job, roughly twenty minutes start to almost finish, silky finish is now back, and slightly deeper colour. Did still dry out slightly white in bits with the damp microfibre (and I mean just damp) but wiped off a lot easier than I thought. Odd white bit in rubbers but lot easier removed. 

So to sumarise it ended up much better than I thought, instructions provided were rubbish, if you want to use, wash, snow foam clay etc etc beforehand if not already done. Apply to damp car id say with damp applicator, allow to slightly haze only a few minutes (says 20 on tin far too long), remove with a damp microfibre and then buff any bits that may dry out afterwards. really good beading. And also apply second coat, it does make the difference between lovely and beautiful. Ill follow up with a wax later on I think, now to see what I have that will compliment in shed.  :D

Edited by Sweeperman
  • Like 1

Some great products there getting some great reviews top!

Well i know you've tried Fo'show Karl - the Tyre feeder seems equally as impressive.

Not sure when i'll test out the waxes; but happy to pass them on to you when i've tried them.

Based on Hunty's review - we shouldnt be disappointed! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Well i know you've tried Fo'show Karl - the Tyre feeder seems equally as impressive.

Not sure when i'll test out the waxes; but happy to pass them on to you when i've tried them.

Based on Hunty's review - we shouldnt be disappointed! :thumbup:

Much appreciated!

• Like 1

Placed another order today with CYC for the following:

36 Eurow MF cloths (these are the best ones I've used)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/multi-purpose-polishing-cloths/eurow-microfibre-work-towels-pkg/36/prod_1492.html

CostCo originally sold them years ago for like £12.00 for 36 but now CostCo sell there own packaged brand (Kirkland) & the quality I find is terrible so seeing that I'm running low, 36 original Eurow MF's will last me another 3 years.

Thought to try Auto Finesse total interior cleaner

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/auto-finesse-total-interior-cleaner-500ml/prod_1120.html

& also CG Glosswork shampoo

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/car-wash-shampoos/chemical-guys-glossworkz-shampoo/prod_917.html

• Like 3

& all received this morning on the £2.95 delivery option, fast service from saverschoiceuk ;) the quality of the Korean orange MF cloths are excellent, the drying towel looks good too but at first glance it doesn't look as good as the original blue drying towel with the red edges but once I've tried it, I'll let folks know how well it worked

• Like 3

Placed another order today with CYC for the following:

36 Eurow MF cloths (these are the best ones I've used)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/multi-purpose-polishing-cloths/eurow-microfibre-work-towels-pkg/36/prod_1492.html

CostCo originally sold them years ago for like £12.00 for 36 but now CostCo sell there own packaged brand (Kirkland) & the quality I find is terrible so seeing that I'm running low, 36 original Eurow MF's will last me another 3 years.

Thought to try Auto Finesse total interior cleaner

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/auto-finesse-total-interior-cleaner-500ml/prod_1120.html

& also CG Glosswork shampoo

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/car-wash-shampoos/chemical-guys-glossworkz-shampoo/prod_917.html

Received all today from CYC via Darren ;) outstanding service as always.

• Like 1

Managed to grab some Autobrite stuff in the iShine Car Care sale.

Britegel, Cherry Glaze, Project 32.

Oh and they have Bouncers Done & Dusted reduced as well :thumbup:

http://www.ishinecarcare.co.uk/page/specialoffers

Exactly what I ordered plus the Bouncers!

Simon at ishine does some cracking prices in the sales!

• Like 2

Got some Power Maxed TFR to try out yesterday. 5l concentrate for under £13! Cheap as chips and heard great things. Dread to think how much it would be with a trade card!  :giggle:

• Like 3