Scheduled Tomorrow -:)

Robi

I am taking my 1.8T 4X4 Octavia to chiptuning.

The guy is a dealer for UPSOLUTE Austria.

www.upsolute.com

It seems they have a dealer in UK

www.ccctech.co.uk

A few questions if you don't mind:

1/ Any of you experience with ccctech ?

2/ Their standard proposal for my 210Nm/150bhp engine tuning is: 270Nm/192bhp but they told me they can do more than that 295Nm/212bhp (as for the RS) but they don't recommend it -without giving a particular reason for that (something like "more reliable") - should I boldly ask for the higher?

3/If I take the higher one - can the stock brakes keep up?

R's

Robert

Do you have problems with your brakes as it is?

I repeatedly faded and boiled my standard brakes with 150bhp, but that could be down to my, ahem, driving style. Uprated pads and fluid will help a lot - they cope fine with 222bhp \ 231lb ft.

Robi, my 4X4 car was producing 231Nm and 164.6bhp before tuning and yours could well be doing so too if it is an ARX. There is no reason why your engine cannot be tuned to give the same figures as UPSOLUTE offer for the vRS, since the engines are identical apart from the chip. However you might wish to consider upgrading the brakes if you drive fast a lot of the time. Briskoda members who have had their 1.8Ts tuned by Jabba are getting significantly higher figures than UPSOLUTE's for the vRS. :cool:

PS I have yet to boil my brakes, but there again I am a pensioner struggling to see 3 cars ahead in perfect weather!

Originally posted by ncarring in this post

And just to clarify - the 4x4 does have smaller brakes (particularly rears) than the vRS, but mine has the same brakes and I manage ...

:confused: The same as a 4X4 or vRS? Just trying to inject a little more clarity into this clarification post...

Mine same as 4x4 - I think - now Ian's posted his reply I'm thinking my fronts are smaller. The rear is the same piddly little unvented thing. Seems to work though!

Edit: but hey, Denis, you're the one with the ETKA cd ....

Originally posted by Tavia4x4 in this post

Rear works fine in terms of "normal braking" but gets eaten up mighty quick with ESP.

ES-What? :p is that one of those extra things you need to keep a 4x4 on the road?

Nick, ETKA isn't too user-friendly when it comes to working out which brakes are fitted to which models. However if you have a look at the Octavia Primary Options Decode List here you should be able to identify the brakes fitted to your car. You will need to cross-refer to the options list on the front inside cover of your car's Service Schedule booklet to do so. The code for my 4X4's rear brakes is 1KE which decodes as disk brakes 232X9mm rear.

Originally posted by DGW in this post

OK, Nick, let's try Plan B. For this you will need to look under the carpet in the boot for the same Vehicle Data sticker.

Can't see any stickers. Do I have to lift out the spare wheel?