If you had to order your Mk3 Superb again, what would you order ?

Very pleased with ours, it's an SE L Exec Estate 150 4x4 in white, with lots of options.

It's generally my wife's car and the family wagon, so the "comfy" standard suspension is OK for its purpose.

Had it been my daily drive though, I think I would have liked the DCC option, so I could firm up the suspension.

As it's my wife's car, she specifically wanted a manual gearbox. Having read more of the user manual, I've come to realise that some of the clever assistance systems can only be realised to their full potential if you've got DSG - so the car is able to change gears. For example, I had a first play with the ACC the other day, and at one point it didn't resume because the engine revs were too low. With a DSG this would have been fine. One or two other things need DSG as well - traffic jam assist was one, can't remember the other, maybe the fatigue sensor, maybe the thing that detects if you've lost consciousness too and slows the car down. All obvious that they can't (fully) work with a manual gearbox when you think about it.

I know it didn't cost much, but I think the travel sign recognition is a waste of time. It does get it wrong from time to time; if you can't be confident that it's right then I don't see the point. Plus I suspect if you've got the forward facing camera for other options, you may be able to enable it via VCDS for free (think there's another thread discussing if this is possible).

• Like 2

I got an ex-demo so didn't have a choice so I have one without front sensors. Coming from an Octy with them I really really miss them. One of the biggest things is navigating a car park with tiny tight turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've spec'd them on my SE-L, but they seem expensive. Was a toss-up between them and the rear camera.

Edited by thepook

I would make sure I had ordered the Anthracite 18" Pegasus wheels, due to a mix up I got the silver ones and the dealer is not prepared to change them.

Also the phonebox does not seem to do much, well not for the money!

Would get the upgraded steering wheel, not for the paddles, but the standard wheel is a bit skinny and has a cheap feel, the upgrade looks fatter and is leather so should feel better.

Is there something else different about the wheel if you spec the paddles, then? I have spec'd the paddles, so just interested, really!

Biggest 'option' I would really have loved to tick was the 280ps one, but a bit much at around £4k...220ps will have to do for me!

All the steering wheels are the same regardless of whether you spec the paddles or not?

All models from the "S" up come with: 3 spoke leather multi-function steering wheel

The only anomaly to this is that Gizmo has fitted a flat bottomed wheel himself.

Edited by Coops

I've spec'd them on my SE-L, but they seem expensive. Was a toss-up between them and the rear camera.

I think you've made the correct call, to be honest. The reversing camera is nice but doubles up on rear coverage. Now, at least, you're covered all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Two days and 300 miles in the only thing I would change is manual to DSG. I like autos but since I'm leasing and HAD to have a towbar, I offset the cost by going manual rather than auto. I wish I hadnt been such a cheapskate. :-)

Edited by Kev Hamilton