KESSY - How do you use yours?

Coops

Been thinking about KESSY ahead of getting my car, and wondered how people use it currently?

I think I'll end up using it more as a conventional key to open the car, especially at night to get CH/LH lights, and perhaps not so much use on opening via the door handle.

If I didn't have it I certainly wouldn't miss it. I find I still use the key a lot especially at nighttime as you say to get the coming home/leaving lights. I find it awkward that you still have the same physical key as the normal system and have to find somewhere to store that in the car. KESSY doesn't always work for me especially on wet days or the Coke, when the finger swipe on the door is not overly effective. Also, the system can be impacted for example if you have your mobile in the same pocket as your fob then the finger swipe won't work. On the plus side it is useful if you have you hands full and can't reach for your keys but other than that I wouldn't bother with it personally, but that's just me. I would find something like the upgraded sound system much more beneficial than KESSY. I presume you will have it on the new car?

I'm referring to my experience on my Superb II of course so maybe it has been improved on the III?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Superb170
  • Like 1

Also, the system can be impacted for example if you have your mobile in the same pocket as your fob then the finger swipe won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that is what may be causing the annoyance with the finger swipe! I thought perhaps mine was faulty.

As to Kessy. Rather like life before the electric kettle for me. You don't know what you are missing until it comes along and makes life easier. I wouldn't be without it. (KESSY that is; the electric kettle comes as standard in life these days :D )

OK you have to flip the key fob if you want lights on approach (which admittedly I am not bothered with normally) but other than that it is so much easier.

Roll up, trip the button, no searching for the key, no juggling it to hand as you get into the car, no fiddling to get the key into ignition (why do they always put the ignition key in the most inaccessible places). Get in, foot on brake pedal, push the button and away you go.

• Like 2

I have had mine for nearly four years on my SII and will certainly have it on my next car. It stays in my pocket and the only time I have problems is when the battery is becoming weak and therefore its range becomes limited.

I have had mine for nearly four years on my SII and will certainly have it on my next car. It stays in my pocket and the only time I have problems is when the battery is becoming weak and therefore its range becomes limited.

Exact same reason why, were it not already part of the L&K spec, I would have still opted for it.

One issue I did have with the Superb III that was never a problem with the Superb II, was that occasionally the boot kept mysteriously opening whilst getting in or out of the car.

I finally figured out that it was a particular pair of trousers with a tight pocket. When I was sat down it was constantly pressing on the boot release button, which is raised slightly higher than the other two buttons.

As I've worn the same trousers when I had the S2, I can only assume it's the slightly different design of the S3 fob that caused it to manifest.

• Like 1

The only thing I occasionally use the car for it to fully unlock all doors. The car is set to unlock only the driver's door at first press/handle touch.

I don't 'swipe' as a finger contact on the outside is enough to lock, and two fingers inside the handle is good enough to unlock.

Key stays in my pocket. The only trouble is my other car uses a push in key/start button and I had to think what the correct sequence was the other day when I drove it for the first time in a month.....:-(

Edited by FelisBengalensis

Would I have paid extra for it? .... NO

HOWEVER since i have it I must admit that i do like it, my keys now stop in my pocket (no need for CH / LH lights), it is however a PITA when you wash the car as you keep locking and unlocking the car (and the mirrors fold in!) so I will in future leave the car keys in the front door whilst washing the car.

I picked KESSY. Wasn't that bothered about unlocking by touching the handle as I usually unlock car from a distance as the kids run ahead and jump in. But I do like leaving the keys in my pocket and having a button start.

If btn start was avail on its own I would have just taken that.

I picked KESSY. Wasn't that bothered about unlocking by touching the handle as I usually unlock car from a distance as the kids run ahead and jump in. But I do like leaving the keys in my pocket and having a button start.

If btn start was avail on its own I would have just taken that.

Agreed. The KESSY GO system that costs less than the full KESSY when specifying a Mk3 Fabia (KESSY GO came as standard on my Mk3 Fabia SEL Spec) is ideal. Push button start but usual remote central locking. I had no choice but to specify the full KESSY on the SEL Exec I've ordered on the Superb 3 as like you, I find that the push button ignition is such a brilliant system.

• Like 2