Tyre Pressure Monitor

Meant to post this a while back .....

First time for me with tyre pressure monitor. I didn't know it had to be calibrated. Only when I was messing with the Columbus did I discover this.

You would have thought it may have been done at the PDI but all I will say is they must have had a lot of cars on when they did mine .....

Checked and set the pressures today...... Long and short .... If you think its something working in the background it aint.... You need to set it up !

I always reset on a decent bit of road after adjusting tyre pressures. I found after PDI all the tyres were inflated for maximum load.

The system is a rolling radius one monitored by the traction control system (or something more technical than that).

One thing I'm hoping for is that the dashboard display will show WHICH tyre is lower than the others - on the SII it was a case of having to inspect each tyre if it wasn't immediately obvious...

• Like 1

I always reset on a decent bit of road after adjusting tyre pressures. I found after PDI all the tyres were inflated for maximum load.

The system is a rolling radius one monitored by the traction control system (or something more technical than that).

One thing I'm hoping for is that the dashboard display will show WHICH tyre is lower than the others - on the SII it was a case of having to inspect each tyre if it wasn't immediately obvious...

It will the MQB based ESC system can give per wheel monitoring.

Ive had it on my Mk3 Octavia and two Mk7 GTD Golfs....whichever tyre affected it tells you i.e " check drivers side rear tyre"

• Like 2

Ive had it on my Mk3 Octavia and two Mk7 GTD Golfs....whichever tyre affected it tells you i.e " check drivers side rear tyre"

thanks for confirming - good news!

Thanks - saves messing with valves for the spare wheel, but saying that i would of just ran it without as temp solotion

I had my winter tyres put on last week and on the way to Brighton shortly after I got a warning come up, something like "NSR tyre deflated", so the system does tell you which tyre it is.

Turned out it was just that they had been set at a different pressure to the originals and the system just needed resetting, took about twenty miles or so for the computer to work out something was wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...

I had it on my Passat and it never needed calibrated, gave on the fly readings that were quite accurate. I would have thought the fact it needed calibrated would mean it is one of those basic rolling systems - although I haven't inspected the valves yet.

I had it on my Passat and it never needed calibrated, gave on the fly readings that were quite accurate. I would have thought the fact it needed calibrated would mean it is one of those basic rolling systems - although I haven't inspected the valves yet.

You Passat most probably had active TPMS with sensors on tires. Thus also readings...

Skoda uses the basic rolling systems. Wich Im glad for. Costs a fortune when the valves with sensors needs replacing.

Skoda uses the basic rolling systems. Wich Im glad for. Costs a fortune when the valves with sensors needs replacing.

Tell me about it! I put metal valve caps on and they corroded and seized - Kwik fit wouldn't touch them because they were £100 each! I had to go at them with a grinder!!

Edited by Blueboy510