1.6 Tdi 120 DSG. Thinking of ordering one.

Morning All,

Does anyone here drive the 1.6 DSG. I'm thinking of upgrading my 1.6 105. The 105 feels a little underpowered at times but cannot complain overall.

Significant price difference here in Ireland between 120 DSG and 150 DSG (2900 Euro.)

HG

Morning All,

Does anyone here drive the 1.6 DSG. I'm thinking of upgrading my 1.6 105. The 105 feels a little underpowered at times but cannot complain overall.

Significant price difference here in Ireland between 120 DSG and 150 DSG (2900 Euro.)

HG

I obviously don't drive one every day but I've driven both the new 150 and 120 and I have to say that the 1.6 with the additional power makes a noticeable difference compared to the old 105 version. Refinement is also much improved. How much driving do you do and what type of driving is it? Personally I think the 1.6 is more than adequate. If I was going for a Superb for the first time j think I'd go forthe 1.6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I ordered a 1.6TDI aswell,I had a 105 1.6 TDI in my last Superb & I noticed a big difference between the last model & the new one. Remember the new car is a lot lighter aswell as having the extra power. Also the demo model I drove that day only had a few kilometres on the clock so the engine wasn't even broken in yet. I would have loved the 150bhp 2.0 engine but the extra cost just wasn't worth it when the 120bhp ticked all my boxes. I invested the money in to adding options that I wanted instead & still had change!

Picked up my 1.6TDI SE DSG on the 23rd of December and have been very impressed with it performance wise.DSG makes it a pleasure to drive it .Drove the 190bhp when I had a test drive but decided that I did not need the extra bhp for my commute to work ,just good economy and comfort were high on the agenda.

Quartz Grey

No rear wiper

Zeus Alloys

Thanks.

I do approx 35,000 Kms per year primarily on reasonably ok roads. This would be my first foray into an automatic transmission but it seems like now or never. Have driven many autos but it just never occurred to me to buy one. I expect that I will never look back. I've seen much mention of the rear wiper. Does the Superb III saloon need one? Both of you guys from Ireland drive seriously specced machines. I'll be going for Ambition spec as the auto box is already stretching the budget.

I've seen much mention of the rear wiper. Does the Superb III saloon need one? 

Depends on the type of driving you do, IF you reverse the car 1st thing in the morning (i.e. off the drive) or are mainly doing 30mph then maybe it would be worth paying the €94 it costs over there.

It is a free option over here but even so I did not spec it as I prefer the look of the car without.

I reverse onto my drive and in the carpark at work so do not need to reverse when I 1st get into the car, my commute is also 90% 70mph so the aerodynamics of the car does a very good job of clearing the rain from the rear window, now I have a water repellant on the windows it is even better.

I'm currently driving my wifes Octavia this week while I wait to collect my car (should be next week) & i use the rear wiper alot, firstly to rid the window of dew in the mornings & secondly to get rid of rain when stopped at lights. As Gizmo said if its all dual carriageway/ motorway driving you probably don't need it but in this country I think you need a wiper on every window!!!

120hp is much better than old 105hp. It has much more low end tourqe.

I had it on Superb 2 and Superb 3 with 120hp is a big improvement.

Thanks.

I do approx 35,000 Kms per year primarily on reasonably ok roads. This would be my first foray into an automatic transmission but it seems like now or never. Have driven many autos but it just never occurred to me to buy one. I expect that I will never look back. I've seen much mention of the rear wiper. Does the Superb III saloon need one? Both of you guys from Ireland drive seriously specced machines. I'll be going for Ambition spec as the auto box is already stretching the budget.

Good thing about the ambition (SE) spec in Ireland is that it has bi-xenons as standard. Only thing is that it has cloth seats and not alcantara as in the MkII but aside from that I think the Ambition is a well-specced car and you're not missing out on a huge amount of toys. In fact, when you consider pricing, spec etc, I think the 1.6tdi ambition may be the sweet spot in the range in Ireland.

One of the disadvantages of driving a top of the range car is that you either stay there and pay for the privilege (and its a significant premium for an L&K now) or be disappointed if you have to trade down slightly. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the ambition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Superb170