Incompatible options!

I recommend that potential buyers do not specify both the “Partition Net Screen” and the “Rear Backrest Release From Boot” offered on the estate – the two do not really work in conjunction.

This is because on the new Superb estate – unlike Mercedes and others – the partition screen is not incorporated in the unit that contains the retractable, horizontal boot cover, but is rather a very heavy/bulky separate unit bolted to the back of the 2/3 rear seat. There is no way the “Rear Backrest Release From Boot” can overcome that weight and is hence useless. Only on the 1/3 side will it work … just about.

I consider this a design flaw and have already pointed it out to my dealer. Whether ‘the word gets around’ remains to be seen.

If it is like the Octavia I wouldnt call it a flaw.

When the seats are down, the net can be attached over the back doors and still function as intended.

Yes, you have move it manually, but what would be the alternative?

I use it on mine when doing a run to the recycling centre with the seats down. It saves any chance of something in the rear hitting me in the event of an incident. Even small objects can become lethal missiles in a collision.

Can't say I have noticed a problem. Mind you I am going to need a new boot cover as mine no longer retracts. Only lasted 2 months, and it is the expensive (in the UK) auto version. I expected better reliability!