Superb tops the best large estate category.

The Superb topped the large estate category in this weeks Sunday Times best 100 cars, beating the Mondeo and E class.

It shows the car in one of the nice Czech colours (zelena pistachio?) that are not availlable here but with a UK registration! odd?

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 3

Good to know.

Car is probably a special demo.

The last Octy 1 L&K had all sorts of bits added that were not on the UK list. Mine was the only non-Skoda owned Octavia L&K 130 PDI with Satnav and dual memory front seats in the UK at the time (2003). The Skoda dealer had to take the car to an Audi dealer to get the Nav configured.

It's still around as I see it occasionally in Bedford.

Looks like a comp generated photo with a fake / non registered (I checked) Reg plate..

(Of course that's if the paper copy is same as online)

Shame I do t have an online account to read rest of the article... What were the general thoughts ? Price v spec plus size I assume ?

post-126416-0-13511500-1451829903_thumb.jpeg

Edited by RickTT

That's odd it's changed to a red car on a '15' plate!

But it is the same picture, must have been photoshopped!

I think the red one was the original.

Edited by philsmith

Why does it state you need the four wheel drive version to tow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could it be that The Times has got that one wrong?  Surely if you needed 4WD Skoda would put that on the configurator, they're keen enough to put all the shortages on there (leather colours, Pegasus wheels, etc..  I hope so anyway or the car is of little use to me.