Went to look, ended up ordering one!

I went to have a nosey at new Superb, only to end up dropping a £3k deposit:

Superb Estate, L&K CR190 DSG

Petrol Blue with beige interior (brown interior reminds me of parents' 1983 Ford Cortina, so....no..)

19" Phoenix anthracite alloys

Ventilated seats

Spare wheel

Crew protection/rear side airbags

3 spoke wheel/DSG paddles

Bluetooth+

4G WLAN

Parking camera

Smart light assist

Heated washer nozzles

Partition net

Variable boot floor

4 year/80k warranty.

No confirmation on estimated delivery yet but I'm hoping to get it by the end of March as we are going away for Easter. All my 6 year old is interested in is if it has wifi for his flamin' iPad!

And I'll have to sell my existing Superb between now and then........

• Like 2

Thanks

My iphone and data plan allows tethering but I went for the 4G WLAN to keep my options open. The MIB2 Columbus apparently supports tethering, but if it's over rSAP i'm screwed as the iphone doesn't support it. Data only SIMs are reasonably priced these days anyway.

Hopefully lead times will improve as production ramps up?

Thanks

My iphone and data plan allows tethering but I went for the 4G WLAN to keep my options open. The MIB2 Columbus apparently supports tethering, but if it's over rSAP i'm screwed as the iphone doesn't support it. Data only SIMs are reasonably priced these days anyway.

Hopefully lead times will improve as production ramps up?

I ordered Christmas week, and have just been given build week 09 (last week of February). They said it shouldn't slip much if at all, and I can expect the car in March. Mine's an SE-L Exec 2.0 TSI though, so I don't know if diesels are taking longer atm.

OP, I hope you're similarly lucky. Enjoy.

• Like 1

I walked past one the other day and it was so nice I slowed down to look and then looked over my shoulder at it about five times as I went past it. Looks a bit Audi A6ish but nicer!

Fingers crossed for a March delivery then!

Hopefully the Diesel engine and/or options won't push it back too far, if at all. It only takes one part shortage to cause issues with build slots.....

That was the exact same question I asked myself as my phone has the ability to do that.

By adding the 4G WLAN I've made the car a little more future proof as you never know what tariff/handset combination you'll have in 2 or 3 years time. 2 kids (and SWMBO) streaming movies with iPads can hammer a data allowance if you aren't careful. Data only SIMs are reasonably priced with monthly contracts rather than 12 month jobs.

Just seemed to make sense at the time.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed for a March delivery then!

Hopefully the Diesel engine and/or options won't push it back too far, if at all. It only takes one part shortage to cause issues with build slots.....

I think the issue may be the beige interior though. We ordered the beige leather interior and got a phone call about a week of so after placing the order that beige leather wasn't available due to an availability issue and would black leather be okay, no option really so said yes. I recall someone else on here saying the same. Fingers crossed for you fella.

I think the issue may be the beige interior though. We ordered the beige leather interior and got a phone call about a week of so after placing the order that beige leather wasn't available due to an availability issue and would black leather be okay, no option really so said yes. I recall someone else on here saying the same. Fingers crossed for you fella.

I think the beige issue is only on the SE L?  The L&K options are brown or beige interior.

I've ordered the ventilated seats which have a different finish to them. 

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind the black leather as you can't normally spec it on the L&K. Only time will tell.........

I ordered my SE L with beige leather (FOC option back then) back in Sept. Its arriving at the dealer this week and I'm expecting beige leather - I check with Skoda CS back early Dec (when I received my confirmed BW) and they stated it did have beige leather configured. Maybe I have been lucky and its only been a recent decision by Skoda to charge for the beige leather and remove it as an FOC option.

I ordered my SE L with beige leather (FOC option back then) back in Sept. Its arriving at the dealer this week and I'm expecting beige leather - I check with Skoda CS back early Dec (when I received my confirmed BW) and they stated it did have beige leather configured. Maybe I have been lucky and its only been a recent decision by Skoda to charge for the beige leather and remove it as an FOC option.

I don't think they are actually offering the standard Beige leather at all anymore... Only the Beige perforated leather that is required for ventilated seats (and therefore costing more).

If that's the case, does that mean the L&K will only be available with the brown interior, unless ventilated seats are specified?

If so, it could put a few punters off as the brown colour option isn't to everyone's taste. If beige isn't available, black should definitely be an option!

I don't think they are actually offering the standard Beige leather at all anymore... Only the Beige perforated leather that is required for ventilated seats (and therefore costing more).

I think you are right. on the skoda configurator if you select beige leather on the sel exec, you have to then choose ventilated seats at a cost of £625 and the Electrically adjustable front seats at a cost of £550!! However if you choose black leather you don't have to choose ventilated seats and the Electrically adjustable front seats come standard.

Is this a permanent discontinuation? or a temporary thing due to a shortage of beige cows or something? As the ventilated seats are less common, there may be better stocks of perforated beige cows......

• Like 2

I think you are right. on the skoda configurator if you select beige leather on the sel exec, you have to then choose ventilated seats at a cost of £625 and the Electrically adjustable front seats at a cost of £550!! However if you choose black leather you don't have to choose ventilated seats and the Electrically adjustable front seats come standard.

I believe this is an SEL Exec only limitation (and it doesn't effect the L&K).

And in terms of the electrically adjustable seats, only the driver's seat comes electrically adjustable as standard on the SEL Exec. You pay £550 on top to adjust the passenger seat electronically too!

Hi Mike

I have previously posted my thoughts on this issue on the "Beige Leather" topic but just to check I've just done a dummy configuration and could only achieve Alcantara Beige. I have copied the screen below not very satifactorily for easy viewing but will try to tidy up before posting

Overview
Model
  • Superb Estate SE L Executive
  • Trim Level
  • £26,820SE L Executive

Engine
  • 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG
Exterior
  • £535Business Grey metallic
  • £018" Zenith alloy wheels

Interior
  • Beige upholstery
Extra Equipment
  • £0Alcantara/leather upholstery
ŠKODA Care Options
  • £0ŠKODA Roadside Assistance
Recommended OTR £27,355

Hi Mike

These are the comments I posted under Beige Interior

DRCS, on 12 Dec 2015 - 15:16, said:snapback.png

I have ordered a 1.4TSI 150BHP Superb Estate SE L Executive with Beige Leather Interior which was current in the Brochure and Configurator when I placed my order on 3rd November for delivery from 1st March 2016.

However, the December Brochure I downloaded the other day, only lists Black Leather or Beige Alcantara.

I have read on other sections of the site that there have been supply problems with Beige Leather which I had assumed was a temporary supply issue but now I have my doubts.

I wonder now whether I will have my car delivered with Beige Alcantara or Black Leather. Perhaps I may be given a choice! Or Perhaps I should change my order for my preference of Beige even if Alcantara otherwise I fear the interior will look very dark indeed. 

I would pleased to receive any advice or comments particularly from those in a similar position 

It seems my worries are unfounded.

I contacted my supplier today to be informed that he believes Skoda are concerned that too many customers are ordering the SE-L rather than the L&K. so they have removed the option of Beige Leather on the SE-L but retained it on the L&K hopefully to increase sales of the latter.

As the option was current when I ordered in early November, he states my SE-L will have Beige Leather.

I am reassured and hope others are also.