Supurb Sport

There's a thread about the Superb Sportline here mate. It'd be the 280ps 2.0 TSI 4x4 for me if I was to upgrade from the 2.0 TSI 220, but both of those are available already anyway. The Sportline only really adds seats and lower suspension over standard. That said the 240ps with 500Nm torque does sound interesting and will have a fairly decent power band compared to the usual fodder.

I hear this is due in the UK with orders from mid year. Really great looking, being sport I assume good engines too. The obvious one in my mind is the TDI Bi-Turbo 240 ps.

Does anyone know?

I think the Sportline is just a trim level and is being offered with the same engines as the existing models (except the lower end petrol and diesel engines).  Larger alloys and slightly lowered suspension will distinguish it externally.  I think the 240 bi-turbo is reserved for the VW stable and sadly won't be a making an appearance in the Superb :thumbdown:

Edited by Superb170

I think the Sportline is just a trim level and is being offered with the same engines as the existing models (except the lower end petrol and diesel engines). Larger alloys and slightly lowered suspension will distinguish it externally. I think the 240 bi-turbo is reserved for the VW stable and sadly won't be a making an appearance in the Superb :thumbdown:

To be fair having looked up the specs it's nothing especially brilliant. It will certainly feel better than existing diesels thanks to the extra turbo, but...

It's "only" as fast to 60 as the 220ps TSI (which is a smaller engine), despite having more hp and significantly more torque. It also returns NEDC results barely 9mpg better than the TSI, which after accounting for petrol's benefits on shorter journeys and its ability to generally return closer to book figures in real life, doesn't mean much.

It's not enough to sway me back to the devil's brew. ;)

• Like 2