Removing passenger side foglight

I decided to fit brighter halogen bulbs in the fog light.

The drivers side grill pulled off and the light was easily unscrewed and the bulb fitted, no problem

But try as hard as I can I cannot remove the passengr side grill!

Am I doing something wrong is it fittted different to the o/s one?

Help!

Can't help you yet as I don't get my Superb III Hatch until 19th Jan after almost 6 months from ordering! But could you tell me where & what type of replacement bulbs you got, and did you see a recommendation for them. Greatly appreciated.

Could you tell me where & what type of replacement bulbs you got, and did you see a recommendation for them. Greatly appreciated.

Ditto.

The colour temp of the foglights next to the xenons just looks wrong. Will def be changing my bulbs when I get mine.

R.

I decided to fit brighter halogen bulbs in the fog light.

The drivers side grill pulled off and the light was easily unscrewed and the bulb fitted, no problem

But try as hard as I can I cannot remove the passengr side grill!

Am I doing something wrong is it fittted different to the o/s one?

Help!

Might be nerve wrecking to do but you just might have to give it a proper pull to get it off. Good luck!

I've pulled it so hard you would not believe it! Just will not budge.

Not impressed with the bulbs that were sent I ordered

Osram

H8-EXTREME-WHITE 12v 35w

and have been sent copy bulbs and after fitting the one that I can it looks no different to the original on the other side!

Phil I fitted these:

IMG_1319_zpsq3ecvds1.jpg

Compared to the std bulbs:

IMG_1320_zpsnepkr62q.jpg

I also bought a set of CREE LED’s which I didn’t fit in the end due to them having a slight blue tint to them (I hate ANY blue in bulbs), tried in the Yeti as I didn’t have the Superb when they arrived:

CREE on the left, the R/H bulb is actually the same as I fitted to the Superb... despite it looking more yellow, it isn’t in the flesh:

37429e8e-72de-499b-82de-d4f5fefff14a_zps

Picture shows new bulb on the left and original (still can't get the grill to budge!) on the right

CIMG4346.JPG

I can see no difference!

Anyone had an experience of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-High-Power-80W-12V-H8-H11-CREE-LED-DRL-Fog-Headlight-Light-Bulb-Lamp-NEW-/281882957736?hash=item41a18897a8:g:lIYAAOSwZVhWRD8I

Edited by philsmith

Have you tried removing the centre grill phil,to get at the left grill? I had the same problem with one off my wifes Octavia

They look identical to what I bought and posted a photo of above, the only difference being mine are 6,000K and those are 7,000K, so they will have quite a blue tint to them (certainly more than in the photo above)

Don't mind the blue tint, just wanted something that was not yellow and  a little brighter, with the standard bulbs you cannot tell when the turning lights are on or off from the drivers seat they are so dim.

They are only £8 delivered so will buy some and give them a try.

I thought of removing the centre grill, any ideas how it is removed?

Edited by philsmith