a few lights questions

hey

so my current mk2 combi is fully LED'd out which I like a lot. my mk3 is being built next week and I want to order up a few pieces beforehand (some from superskoda, but also from the guy who gave me my LED kits for my last few cars, and colour matched spots for my last combi)

my new combi is an irish SE model (seems to be similar to the UK SE L) and allegedly has LEDs inside. 

are there LEDs in the puddle lights in the mirrors?

and under the doors?

and whats the deal with the combi boot lighting? 

and lastly, are the spots on the front colour matched with the Xenons?

if anyone has a car with the stock LEDs I would be really grateful for any answers :)

cheers

t.

The puddle lights under the doors, 2 in the boot, glovebox are all std filament bulbs (all are W5w fitment)

LED’s are in the mirrors already, this is on a UK spec L&K with the LED pack.

If you have xenon’s then they are dip and main beam, if they are halogens then they will need upgrading as well.

The front fog lights are H8 and quite yellow as std.

many thanks!!!

so pretty much the same as the mk2 then. 

excellent. orders underway

Which lights will you order? Does someone have experience with changing all the lights? Which bulbs are OK (without canbus error)?

There are many options out there.

The W5W/T10 bulbs are very cheap and easy to find on eBay with error free/CANBUS options.

The H8 Foglights can be a bit trickier in LED. The usual LED suspects don't have a decent beam pattern so often a "xenon look" halogen bulb will do the trick. No need for CANBUS there so again eBay will be fine.

The H7 dip beams/main beams for those without the XENON Lights (S/SE/Ambition etc.) can be converted within a decent budget using HID conversion kits (around £35-50 online, a great website is HIDs-Direct). You can also use LED conversion but more expensive and probably not worth it.

On the note of LED conversion, the Foglights can serve you well in LED using a H8 (Headlight) conversion kit which will be dearer (£80+) however the light output is crisp white and very bright. Great for cornering functions and can be seen in my display picture which is just the Foglights and DRLs on a Fabia Mk3

so I buy from a guy over on rs246 who is rather excellent. used him for many many cars over the last while. he gave me an excellent set of h8's that have lasted well in my mk2, and his LEDs are are canbus ok too. 

as an added extra happiness, he also bench tests every light before he ships them, so its quite pain free. pm me if you want details, as i dont particularly want to start advertising a non-sponsor in a public post

• Like 1

Just curious... Does anyone here with an SEL Exec know if the rear passenger doors can have the warning/puddle lights retrofitted? Is the reflector there in place of a light removable?

Seen a couple of Superbs on the road now.

The rear lights were different though. One had lights in the tailgate that were lit and the other didn't. Both had their lights turned on. Both were estates.

What gives?

SEL Exec and L&k have lights into tailgate. Anything below (including the super popular SE Business trim) doesn't.

Thanks for the info. Just didn't look right. Glad I'm getting the SEL now.

Can somebody please explain how the puddle lights (under the side mirrors) work? What circumstances do they turn on during, and how can I test them?

In going into the dealer to have a look at my car today and want to test as many features as I can before collection day so they can address them (I'll definitely be checking the wansher sprays and if there's two umbrellas!)

Edited by Dilz

Pretty sure they come on when the car is unlocked, it may only be in the dark though.

If so then you can fool the car into thinking it is nighttime by covering the light sensor (on the windscreen behind the interior mirror)

• Like 1