Irish Superb Brochure now available online!

Do they offer a business model over there ?

Up to this point no.  Never on the Superb II either.  This is Ireland where we have quite a penal general car tax system - we just get screwed when it comes to buying cars!!

• Like 2

Just noticed that the brochure for the saloon and combi are now available to download - prices included.

http://www.skoda.ie/brochures/Documents/pricelists/Superb%20and%20Superb%20Combi%20Pricelist%20-%20Jan%202016.pdf

Thanks for posting.  This confirms that beige leather only available on L&K and not on Style, disappointing and sure to put off some buyers :thumbdown:

Edited by Superb170

Thanks for posting.  This confirms that beige leather only available on L&K and not on Style, disappointing and sure to put off some buyers :thumbdown:

That's what I was thinking and the seat pictures on page 9 would reflect this but under the specification on page 15 it says (option of black or beige) after Full leather Interior.  It would definitely put me off buying a Style if black was the only option.

• Like 1

Also a number of the cars on carzone have the beige leather interior, so I hope it isn't something they are contemplating in an effort to sell more L&Ks.

There is a shortage of beige leather available, and obviously by restricting it's availability to L&K models only, it should not slow up build dates and delivery times. 

There is a shortage of beige leather available, and obviously by restricting it's availability to L&K models only, it should not slow up build dates and delivery times. 

I did read about those rare beige cows on another thread including the perforated ones!

Also a number of the cars on carzone have the beige leather interior, so I hope it isn't something they are contemplating in an effort to sell more L&Ks.

That's exactly what they appear to be doing - forcing everyone to L&K trim. I was actually looking at a Style today in beige and I saw those beige cars on carzone as well. I must ask the dealer what the story is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same in the UK

except in the UK, can still have beige if you pay for ventilated (but that also means paying for electric seat), or you upgrade to L&K

although the official line is supply reasons, I think they are trying to get more money out of customers as beige  leather is available on the UK Octavia SE-L for same price as black leather, and on Octavia not required to upgrade to L&K to get it.  No explanation why the beige leather supplies are ok for Octavia, but not Superb which suggests the supply issue is Skoda's choice to try and get customers spending more.  (Didn't work for me as I'm now looking at another manufacturer as beige leather was deal breaker for me.

• Like 1

The Irish L& K is not worth the money in my opinion. The UK specced one is because of the extra features that are standard or if not cost less to upgrade. Skoda IRE have a cheek as they jacked the price of the Style model up nearly €3,000 from last years Elegance & are now trying to push those potential buyers in to the L & K spec!

• Like 2

So which is the best deal price for price, spec for spec ?

Based on the exchange rate, is it not a simple option of buying a UK car from the north and then running it in the south ?

(or does that then come under as an import?)

So which is the best deal price for price, spec for spec ?

Based on the exchange rate, is it not a simple option of buying a UK car from the north and then running it in the south ?

(or does that then come under as an import?)

No, this will be regarded as an import and plates will have to be changed/re-registered in the South.  It will attract VRT (vehicle registration tax) in Ireland.  This tax is based on the open market selling price and because of the way the tax is structured, it usually ensures that there is very little to be gained by importing a new car from the UK.  I agree that the UK L&K model is a better spec car overall so maybe with a decent exchange rate, there may be some benefit to importing but after taking transport/travel costs into account it will usually be negligible.

The Irish L& K is not worth the money in my opinion. The UK specced one is because of the extra features that are standard or if not cost less to upgrade. Skoda IRE have a cheek as they jacked the price of the Style model up nearly €3,000 from last years Elegance & are now trying to push those potential buyers in to the L & K spec!

I completely agree!  As much I like the new Superb and although I am seriously contemplating an order for early 2017 delivery, I am finding it very difficult to justify over €42K for an L&K.  I paid €37K (on the road) for my MKII 170 L&K.  The new 190 Style is well over €38K on the road plus the spec on the Style isn't even as good as it was on the old elegance model.

The whole value proposition that Skoda was once famous for is quickly starting to unravel IMO, at least if you want a decent spec car anyway.  There is still some value lower down the range and the 1.6 TDI in Ambition (SE) trim (with bi-xenons standard in Ireland) is probably where it is at.  This is also the variant that will sell in most volumes in this country.

Edited by Superb170
  • Like 2

Luckily I order my Quartz Grey Style  with Beige at the start of November. Dealer confirmed that it will have Beige

Other options - Colour Maxi Dot, Driver Alert & Park Assist

No 1.4TSi ACT 150?

No just the 125bhp or the 280! Petrol Superbs have been very rare in Ireland so it is assumed that demand will be minimal. Having said that, a few 280s have already been ordered here that trend might change

No just the 125bhp or the 280! Petrol Superbs have been very rare in Ireland so it is assumed that demand will be minimal. Having said that, a few 280s have already been ordered here that trend might change

We were looking at possibly going for the 280 but it's only available in an auto.

Any idea why it's possible to get a 2.0TSi Octy  in manual but not a 2.0TSi Superb?

We were looking at possibly going for the 280 but it's only available in an auto.

Any idea why it's possible to get a 2.0TSi Octy in manual but not a 2.0TSi Superb?

I'd imagine it's partly due to where the Superb sits in the range and also the cost of offering both a manual and auto box in a car that is going to be a (relatively) low volume seller. It's the top of the range in what is effectively an executive range anyway so an auto box would be the natural inclination. The 280 is not designed as an all out performance car - it's more a luxurious sleeper car where comfort is a top priority with a bit of extra grunt on tap when required! An Golf R or an S4 or, indeed an Octavia 230 would be a more suitable option if performance was the priority.

Edited by Superb170

I'd imagine it's partly due to where the Superb sits in the range and also the cost of offering both a manual and auto box in a car that is going to be a (relatively) low volume seller. It's the top of the range in what is effectively an executive range anyway so an auto box would be the natural inclination. The 280 is not designed as an all out performance car - it's more a luxurious sleeper car where comfort is a top priority with a bit of extra grunt on tap when required! An Golf R or an S4 or, indeed an Octavia 230 would be a more suitable option if performance was the priority.

Totally agree with you, if you want something racy look at the Octavia VRS after all the Superb is supposed to be limo like; I can't get my head around the Superb 3 Sportline for this very reason.

As with all things in life its down to individual taste.

True but I'd like to think there was an option as the petrol range is somewhat limited as we don't get the 1.8TSi in manual and diesel.

When i was in a showroom before xmas dealer was surprised how many ppl was asking about petrol cars. They sold many 1.4 150ps and few 280ps so its not so bad in Ireland, tax rates are lower even for 280ps and engines have no problems with some emissions issue's and exhaust are not so restricted like dirty diesels (dps,srs etc). In diesel engines in this times savings are minimal on fuel and costs rising very fast if something will go wrong with engine etc. Diesels was good years ago, now i cant see any reason to buy diesel car, but that its just my opinion. And one more thing, some ppl like big cars in sporty style thats why sportline will join superb range. We have cars like s6/rs6 bmw m5 etc, but not everyone can afford car for 150k euro.

I had diesels for a long time. My last was a zafira 1.9CDTi. Ive never had so many problems, and it was all based around the EGR and DPF system. The car is usually used by SWMBO for work and school/shopping through town. Other diesels coped fine with it pre DPF. Living in the North of Scotland its 50 miles just to the nearest Dual Carriage way never mind a Motorway to blast a car and clean it out. Had to make the move to petrol so as not to screw up the engine with short journeys.