adaptive ride settings

Those of you who have the adaptive chassis control,which setting is youre preffered choice,personally i find comfort can provide you with a wonderful pillowy ride,quite floaty like an old citreon,however,on rough terrain it can become rather 'loose' feeling, like a soft top car that hasnt been strengthened propally,i have optional 19in pheonix alloys,wonder if that could be the reason the ride can fall apart? For this reason i have now permanately set it to normal,which i believe is how the standard set up behaves without adaptive chassis, this provides the most suitable ride / handling for me,so begs the question,if you dont have acc,dont bother with it! Would have liked comfort to have been somewhere in the middle of comfort/normal if you get my drift.what are youre thoughts on this matter? Kevin.

I had mine set on comfort when I first got it and yes it was like a DS but without the control, fine unloaded and on the motorway but on the bumpy rural roads around my area it sometimes felt like it was completly out of control, now have it set on normal and it is fine, a good compromise,  will switch it to comfort on long motorway runs.

Not tried it in sport mode yet, I hate firm bumpy cars so probably never will!

Not tried the various setting with my 17” winter wheels on but on the OE 19’s I prefer sports mode, comfort is far too wallows through the bends far too much for my liking, it also doesn’t take bumpy roads that well IMO

In comfort mode, does it basically ride like a car with really worn shocks? All wallowy and bouncy over undulations? 

It's a shame there aren't some fine tuning options available for it. Not sure what access there is via VCDS - if any. 

In a word yes.in comfort lovely soft pillowy ride on smooth roads,on rough roads it all falls apart,bouncing pitching rocking,really uncomfortable sensation,quite unfavourable comments from passengers saying its like being at sea,you need lotus to help you do this propally skoda,if youre going to offer adaptive ride settings,they need to work.as i said,keep it on normal,and all is well.

I find comfort mode is great for the those long motorway drives. The car just floats along with the ACC set and the canton oozing sounds. It really does make a great difference for me on a long drive.

Comfort is also good at slow speed (below about 30) on some of the bumpy bits around here. It smooth the bumps and pot holes well at that speed but I agree that it can feel a bit loose at times above that speed.

Haven't yet had time to play with the individual settings to see if I can find a better combination. I anticipate that will be possible but time will tell.

I use normal much of the time other than on those long journeys.

One last point on this matter,wouldnt it have been better to have a rotary dial next to the gear lever for the three ride settings,like they have on range rovers for the terrain control, so you can just twist and change the ride setting in a nano second(road conditions change in a nano second) rather than fumbling around like you have to now with the pressing of buttons, finding on the screen then selecting the desired mode,by which time the road conditions have changed again!! Kevin.

One last point on this matter,wouldnt it have been better to have a rotary dial next to the gear lever for the three ride settings,like they have on range rovers for the terrain control, so you can just twist and change the ride setting in a nano second(road conditions change in a nano second) rather than fumbling around like you have to now with the pressing of buttons, finding on the screen then selecting the desired mode,by which time the road conditions have changed again!! Kevin.

It does!

Just keep pressing the mode button next to the gearstick and it changes between modes

The 'mode' button scrolls thru the settings so I just keep pushing until I reach the one I want. Easier than messing about with the touch screen and having had a rotary dial elsewhere I prefer the Skoda button. I like the fact that it opens the screen so you can clearly see what mode you have selected.

I understood that adaptive suspension continually adjusted itself to the road conditions even within particular preset. Thus, even in normal the adaptive suspension should be better than the standard. Anyone driven, S IIIs with the different setups to direcltly compare?

I more or less always use comfort mode on highways, that provides you with a nice and smooth ride in my opinion.

On smaller, bumpier roads I think normal/sport does a good job.