How are people getting on with the door mirrors?

When I was messing about with a Mk3 SE-L prior to ordering, I noticed the door mirrors were dangerously similar to the Mk3 Octavia mirrors. 

I didn't get a chance to test them out on a motorway or dual carriageway and to be honest, I hate the door mirrors on SWMBO's Mk3 vRS, especially on the motorway. The lack of convex wide angle tips is a massive oversight by Skoda.

My current Mk2 Superb has really nice mirrors which are huge and still look fairly good on the car.

After someone took my driver side door mirror clean off,  I decided to replace both sides with blue tinted glass and convex wide angle tips. This gives a massive boost in motorway visibility.

Anyway.........how are people getting on with their door mirrors? I'd especially like to hear from former Mk2 drivers but all comments are welcome! 

Fine. I was a little worried at first because they were pretty big on the Scout.... Don't give it a second thought now. I always look over my shoulder or have a good look around before any manoeuvre anyway. 

• Like 1

I agree the Superb 2 mirrors were more practical but the Superb 3 ones are better looking. As we already have an Octavia 3 I suppose I was used to the new design. They are the same shape but I find them fine.

• Like 1

Fine. I was a little worried at first because they were pretty big on the Scout.... Don't give it a second thought now. I always look over my shoulder or have a good look around before any manoeuvre anyway. 

Same here with looking over my shoulder on lane changes. I like the Mk2 mirrors as you can instantly see what's going on around you. I find the Octavia mirrors very restrictive in that sense. 

I agree the Superb 2 mirrors were more practical but the Superb 3 ones are better looking. As we already have an Octavia 3 I suppose I was used to the new design. They are the same shape but I find them fine.

Are the Superb mirrors exactly the same shape? or are they slightly bigger/slightly different? I haven't been able to compare side by side. 

They appear to me to be the same shape & size.

Thanks, I had a suspicion, but I only drive SWMBO's vRS on the odd occasions and under strict supervision, so i'm used to the 3T's mirrors. 

• Like 1

I had an Insignia hire car last week and the mirrors were quite a bit smaller than my S2 and I think more inline with the S3.

Certainly different and took some adjustment to get used to them.

Thank you for the feedback on this. For some reason it's something that's been niggling me since I ordered the car. It's surprising how something this trivial can become such a nail biter. 

I'll no doubt get used to them quickly enough, despite being spoiled by the 3T Superb's excellent mirrors!

About 80% of my mileage is on the motorway so maximum visibility is important. 

Many an accident has been averted by the good ol' over shoulder glance, only to find someone converging on me in my blind spot!

Thank you for the feedback on this. For some reason it's something that's been niggling me since I ordered the car. It's surprising how something this trivial can become such a nail biter. 

I'll no doubt get used to them quickly enough, despite being spoiled by the 3T Superb's excellent mirrors!

About 80% of my mileage is on the motorway so maximum visibility is important. 

Many an accident has been averted by the good ol' over shoulder glance, only to find someone converging on me in my blind spot!

What is a `3T Superb`?

What is a `3T Superb`?

Sorry, force of habit.

Mk1 Superb = 3U

Mk2 = 3T

Mk3 = 3V

It's the model code VAG assign to every car they churn out and is integral to any VAG part number.

Sorry, force of habit.

Mk1 Superb = 3U

Mk2 = 3T

Mk3 = 3V

It's the model code VAG assign to every car they churn out and is integral to any VAG part number.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

No problem. It's 10 years of working with VCDS and sourcing OEM parts for mods. You see these numbers crop up all the time.