Setting Traffic Announcement Volume

Hi everyone

I have a query regarding Traffic Announcement volume.  I turned TP on a couple of days ago and nearly jumped out of my seat when the first announcement came on as the volume was extremely loud!

I realised that the volume probably needed adjusting as in my previous Octavia but couldn't find the option on my journey...I have now checked the Bolero manual and the setting should be under Sound -> Volume -> Traffic Reports but I don't have this option, the first one listed is Announcements.  I have set Announcements as low as it will go from default 11 to 3 but it has made no difference to the traffic reports!!

Anyone else have this issue or know how to sort it?

Superb SE 4x4 estate

Cheers,

Edited by stuperb

I don't know if this will sort it but based on my experience of the Columbus system if you change the volume of something as it is happening you adjust the volume of that item. For example if the navigation instructions are speaking and I adjust the volume it adjusts the nav loudness. So, if you can't find the menu option try adjusting the volume down when the traffic announcement is active.

Lawrence

You are correct, when I adjust the volume when the announcement is on it reduces and reflects in the corresponding Announcements volume.  One thing I hadn't appreciated was that it holds independent announcement volumes for each source e.g. FM, DAB, auxiliary input etc...

Mind you the setting I made yesterday had reset itself back to 11...will wait and see what they are set at tomorrow morning!

Cheers.

Edited by stuperb

Hi everyone

I have a query regarding Traffic Announcement volume.  I turned TP on a couple of days ago and nearly jumped out of my seat when the first announcement came on as the volume was extremely loud!

I realised that the volume probably needed adjusting as in my previous Octavia but couldn't find the option on my journey...I have now checked the Bolero manual and the setting should be under Sound -> Volume -> Traffic Reports but I don't have this option, the first one listed is Announcements.  I have set Announcements as low as it will go from default 11 to 3 but it has made no difference to the traffic reports!!

Anyone else have this issue or know how to sort it?

Superb SE 4x4 estate

Cheers,

Just to confirm what others have said, if you increase or decrease the volume whilst a specific operation is taking place, i.e. traffic alert, sat nav or radio, you can control the volumes for each individually, I have confirmed this on both my company Octavia 3 and own new Superb 3