Rubberised boot liner for Estate - how to deploy?

Advice please: Apologies if I've missed it elsewhere but I'm not sure how to take advantage of the two-sided (rubber/fabric) Skoda-provided boot mat when I have the rear seat backs in place. When these seat backs are folded down the mat rolls out naturally and provides great protection from muddy dogs but if I want to carry rear seat passengers and the two dogs it seems I have to drape the far end of the mat over the rear seat head rests. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to obtain a separate boot liner for these occasions?

The flaps that would cover the rear of the seats when they are folded down are simply folded on itself. So you'd have the fabric on top, when the seats are folded down and the boot liner folded over them, you'd then have the rubber liner. If you want to use the rubber side with the seats in place then simply fold the back seat cover parts under the main area of the mat.

Thanks. I'll give this a try tomorrow when I am reunited with my car but the model of mat that I have has a firm seam midway along on the rubber side which I suspect will prevent the mat from sitting flat if I fold it in on itself. Have you tried this with your own mat?