Benefits of installing a data sim card into new Superb 3 ?

Data SIM card enables Wi-Fi devices connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot built into the Columbus head unit to access the Internet.

Basically, passengers with a WiFi-only iPad or any other tablet will be able to browse the Web, use Facebook, watch Youtube etc.

The same function can be achieved with

- a smartphone phone with enabled tethering (mobile hotspot function);

- an rSap-compatible phone connected to Columbus via Bluetooth.

I keep a Tesco mobile 4G data only monthly contract sim in the car. Much better data allowance than the one I have from EE on the phone, and 4G to boot.

HRH used it with her iPad to browse/do emails etc whilst we were going to the outlaws at Xmas and found it to be very good - and faster than our home broadband. If 4G coverage dropped then it was just as happy on 3G.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

A possible alternative is a family sim, some phone contracts allow you to add members of your family and share one big allowance, using multiple sims, rather than setting up separate contracts for each number. Will depend on your phone contract, but might be a good add on option if available and cheap enough.

Will the head unit also connect to a WiFi signal to allow internet connectivity? 

Can I tether it to my phone if I set it up as a wifi hotspot?

That does not appear to work .... It will tether but that's it.