Scared To Get Octavia Vrs Jabba'd....

sixman9

...yes I have serious reservations about this :rolleyes: . I mean to say how the hell am I going to handle such a BEAST ;) when my newly-aquired vRS is just so FEROCIOUS (are you sure it's only 180Bhp)!!!!!! Makes my old Cavalier SRi (135bhp with Pipercross filter) seem like a MILK FLOAT!!!!

I love this car :D. SKODA, SKODA, SKODA, skoda, sko.......

Rich

P.S. Not sure if this is good or bad (as I DIDN'T want one, unless we're talking M3/M5) but my vRS was mistaken for a BMW by one of my friend's Mum today. Still, she was impressed when I told her it was a Skoda!!!

Rich - I believe a trip to Jabba, and then a session at nearby Bruntingthorpe is called for. :thumbup:

I used to live just a few miles from Brunters, but never had the chance to go there (moved to Devon before I could drive)

Rich,

Several members (me included) have gone from a humble 150BHP standard 1.8 turbo to a 220+ BHP Jabba'd beast.

If we can cope, just imagine how much easier it will be for you to manage the transition from 180 BHP ;)

Its like when you get a better job and think, "wow, just think how much debt I can pay off / save" and then you spend up to your limit every month !

My modified Impreza was very quick from rest (like most are) but I still thought it was 'normal' after a while. A 1.6LX Impreza loan car (1994) soon put me straight on that one !

Hey guys,

My post did what it was aimed to do and 'bait' a response. I've had the car since Thursday and don't you worry, I'm getting used to it already :D. Moved up from a MK3 Cavalier Sri (puts out about 135Bhp me thinks) but the VRS has FEROCIOUS accelleration in any gear :D.

Yep, I got Liverpool Victoria insurance from the get-go, so a trip to Jabba is very much on the cards this side of the new year :D, just as soon as the dust settles (I spent

Originally posted by sixman9 in this post

KLB, why the Spanish flag (I lived in Barna for almost 2 years, loved it!!! ;))?

Rich

What Spanish flag? You must be seeing things :rofl:

It was Spain's national day yesterday (12 October). My sig shows the flags on some national days, otherwise it's a random pic of the car, or something.

ill need to get my insurance sorted see how much it will cost 1st!

i hope the step up to around 225bhp is worth it i am very used to the 180bhp and want more...lol is it much better?

Rich,

if you definately want to get remapped next month I can add you to the latest group buy as I have space.

You can pre-book well in advance of the date you want. Jason and Graeme are booked in for sometime in December!

If you want to go for it just PM me your full name, contact number and type of car your have. I'll pass these details onto Jabba. I'll PM you or on this thread and you should then ring Jabba to confirm who you are, pay deposit (

Kenny,

is does feel alot different....when I first had the remap I was getting to 80mph (on private test track;) ) really quickly without noticing.

The pull above this is awesome! I have a CAI fitted as well and top end is really noticeable (RAM air effect?).

I imagine I will eventually get used to it but it still puts a smile on my smile when I gun it.

Cheers.

Adrian.

sounds good, stupid question alert!!! but what is a CAI? what power is your car runing?

i always think my car is slower than it should be, would it make it 0-60 much quicker? into the 6.somethn sec bracket?

CAI - cold air induction.......induction kit which replaces standard air box.

Really have no idea what mine is running....gave 214bhp on a very hot day (39deg in rr bay), plus the ambient pressure was very low and.......I had a dogdy tank of Optimax.

Mike reckons I should be running mid 220bhp.

My RS is also very lazy and not a responsive as it could be.....I sometimes have a very laggy response. Try out a N75J valve and while this gave better performance (an increase of 0.1 bar) I still got the laggy response.

I'm hoping getting the Milltek dp and sports cat will ease this....reduction in back pressure really allows the turbo to spin up quicker.

I also try not to get hung up on the figures......apart from the intermittent lag I'm really happy with the way it drives. At the end of the day that's what matters.

With the Jabba remap you'd probably knock 1 sec off the 0-60...so it would be under 7secs. Haven't tried myself...I value the clutch too much.;)

Cheers.

Adrian.

Originally posted by SkodiRS in this post

I also try not to get hung up on the figures......apart from the intermittent lag I'm really happy with the way it drives. At the end of the day that's what matters.

Hear, hear!