Beige leather

Fxb

To the people ordering beige: are the seats ventilated or non ventilated? I ordered mine (with ventilated seats) at the very end of December and clapped eyes on it today  :|

I ordered mine ventilated and have been given a 16-20 weeks lead time, but I only placed the order yesterday

I ordered my Superb Style with beige leather seats (non ventilated) on Oct 15th. Before I left the showroom the build date had moved from Week 48 to Week 50 because there was production delay with the standard Stratos wheels. Early January came news that the production date was moved to Week 4 (no explanation at the time but it has to be the beige leather). I have since been told that the car was manufactured and delivered to Ireland last week (can I actually believe them). If I get it this week that will be 18 weeks but probably won't see it until next week. My new Skoda has become the standing joke in work as the car park filled up with new VW's, Ford's etc. all ordered and delivered in a fraction of time compared to mine. This is my first and probably last Skoda after this experience.

Edited by Eaglepoint1998

I ordered my Superb Style with beige leather seats (non ventilated) on Oct 15th. Before I left the showroom the build date had moved from Week 48 to Week 50 because there was production delay with the standard Stratos wheels. Early January came news that the production date was moved to Week 4 (no explanation at the time but it has to be the beige leather). I have since been told that the car was manufactured and delivered to Ireland last week (can I actually believe them). If I get it this week that will be 18 weeks but probably won't see it until next week. My new Skoda has become the standing joke in work as the car park filled up with new VW's, Ford's etc. all ordered and delivered in a fraction of time compared to mine. This is my first and probably last Skoda after this experience.

I ordered mine (L&K) on 29th Nov from Spirit and my latest build date is week 39 (2016) - have written to MDs of dealer and Skoda Ireland - awaiting reply but not hopeful
  • Like 1

I placed an order mid Jan for an L&K with beige leather.  Spoke to the dealer today who had confirmation that the car was build week 15 so start of April. 

Going to be interesting to see what happens as they were meant to be getting it in for the end of May start of June.  

I placed an order mid Jan for an L&K with beige leather.  Spoke to the dealer today who had confirmation that the car was build week 15 so start of April. 

Going to be interesting to see what happens as they were meant to be getting it in for the end of May start of June.  

I'll wave to you if you wave to me!

So far it looks like it is not available on the L&K in the UK. Here in Sweden it was added just recently, I think like today or yesterday.

So far it looks like it is not available on the L&K in the UK. Here in Sweden it was added just recently, I think like today or yesterday.

In Belgium it's also available now, even with the ventilated seats. Which makes me wonder if they actually just press the L&K logo in the normal seats (probably). Wouldn't go for it anyway, it doesn't really make the car "stand out" in my opinion.

That's a shame, it should have been an option from the very beginning on the L&K in the UK; I went for the Beige as a compromise as I hated the Brown and the Beige interior in the showroom car that Devonshiredave on here purchased looked really nice, however Black would have been my choice and I would have had the car in Candy White!

Never mind there's always next time ;)

• Like 1

In Belgium it's also available now, even with the ventilated seats. Which makes me wonder if they actually just press the L&K logo in the normal seats (probably). Wouldn't go for it anyway, it doesn't really make the car "stand out" in my opinion.

Of course it's just stamped into the leather, how many cows have you seen with L&K on their rump? :D

• Like 4

Of course it's just stamped into the leather, how many cows have you seen with L&K on their rump? :D

Sorry :D badly stated, I guess :D

What I meant is: can they take a standard seat and add the stamp after the seat is ready (which means it's a small change in the flow, just take a bunch of black seats and run it through)? The thing is, if it was so easy to provide the black interior, why wouldn't they offer from day 1?

Sorry :D badly stated, I guess :D

What I meant is: can they take a standard seat and add the stamp after the seat is ready (which means it's a small change in the flow, just take a bunch of black seats and run it through)? The thing is, if it was so easy to provide the black interior, why wouldn't they offer from day 1?

No need to apologise, my response was in jest.

I think that it was Skoda's attempt to make the higher trim levels more exclusive by offering the interior in different colours to the entry level models.

I wouldn't have thought that it would be that difficult to stamp some Black Leather up, however it would have to be done before the seat was put together.

It's really easy to offer black leather. Think the reason they didn't offer it is that a many people who choose to spend a lot of money on the top model don't want anyone to confuse it with a lower tier model- black is somewhat standard when it comes to car interiors, and cream/beige colours have always been associated with luxury cars .  Personally if I'd had enough money for an L&K it would have been the lack of black interior that would have stopped me getting one- with kids a brown or beige interior is an invitation to disaster!

Edited by JimK8
  • Like 1

Still a weird decision though. Why wouldn't you offer the possibility... Although, if you look at the complete interior, maybe they would need to also build other shifting-sticks?

The main reason I went for the brown interior is because at the Brussels car show there were some cars with white/beige interiors and all of them had massive blue stains already. But in case of the Superb brown, I think it looks classy. And indeed, the black interior would make it look more "normal".

I don't have a problem with the brown leather. The genuine brown leather bits of the seat look great. The problem for me arises when you look at the faux bits of the seat and the plastic trim around the car, such as the door cards and dash. It just doesn't work for me. 

But I completely get the comments about black looking ordinary. I had an L&K Octavia with the light leather and it was in a different class to the black interior. 

Then again, if we all had more choice, think how long we would be waiting for our cars! 

Looking very nice! Are those Pegasus 18" wheels?

They are actually Pegasus 17'' wheels. I ordered a standard Style (one below the L&K -not sure what the equivalent is in the UK) and the only option I went for is a tow bar (done very cleverly by the factory). I just looked up the Skoda Ireland website and these wheels are no longer available. The Pegasus 18'' are an option for the Style.