Combi raised boot / Spare Wheel

When did people stop saying "estate" and start using "combi" to describe the former? Anyway, boot floot floor is not raised but i wouldnt bother with the dual layer boot as its more of an annoyance than anything useful. It also weighs a ton, is difficult to manouvre and im thinking about having it removed full stop.

Combi is what it's called everywhere except UK, new one on me too though! However it actually makes more sense than estate as it's a combination between a car and van...estate has always seemed a weird term to me..

Probably because british people as a whole don't like to make a fuss, so meaningless code letters are preferred to meaningless quasi-asprirational names.

For us it's bad ennough that the car is called a Superb in the first place lol!

• Like 1

It can't be a name that's actually a thing, unless that thing could have appeared in a period drama about the British Empire, or it's a foreign thing that we've never heard of ;-)

Edited by JimK8

Hi, I have a Chicken Teriyaki on order hopefully being delivered early March. I have ordered a spare wheel

Does this mean the boot floor is raised?

Need to order a boot liner and want to be sure it will fit.

Thanks

The temporary spare wheel on the Superb Estate/Combi/Chicken Teriyaki is a normal steel spare on cars with the normal boot, I believe it's a 205 width tyre but don't quote me on that. If you specify the variable boot floor AND/OR the 280 4x4, it has to be a skinny space saver spare wheel. 

Either way, in response to the OP's question. The floor is only raised if you intentionally specify that variable boot floor I mentioned. 

I flip flop between Combi and Estate depending on whether I have sugar in my coffee or not. Today, it is most definitely a Combi.