That's better

Seing how shiny your car is what are your thoughts on autoglym life shine ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Never tried it. AG stuff is pretty good mostly. Have a look on Detailing World forum, should be plenty of info on there. I went for the Carlack duo for my S3. Not confident with the new quartz treatments so played it safe. £30 for the cleaner and sealant. Easy to use, hell of a shine.

Looking good Devonshiredave :)

Was covered in swirl marks n scratches. Couldn't have that so spent 10 hours giving her some love. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow to see if the marks still show. Will have to book in to a detailers if they're still showing to get it mopped. Edited by Devonshiredave

Looks great, especially in that colour! I've got our S3 booked in with a reputable local detailer (>10 years experience) for delivery day. It'll mean an extra wait but he's doing the usual fallout remover and proper wash, nano sealant/protective coating topped with C2 for the paint, long term repellent for the glass and lights, alloy quartz protection, seat and carpet protection (GTechniq) and interior glass etc all for £250. Can't argue with that, and he even provides a courtesy car for the day. The dealer is under instruction not to unwrap or wash the car during PDI and they've confirmed we can have it as it comes, straight off the transporter. Sorted. :)

Edited by Derv
  • Like 2

Looks great, especially in that colour! I've got our S3 booked in with a reputable local detailer (>10 years experience) for delivery day. It'll mean an extra wait but he's doing the usual fallout remover and proper wash, nano sealant/protective coating topped with C2 for the paint, long term repellent for the glass and lights, alloy quartz protection, seat and carpet protection (GTechniq) and interior glass etc all for £250. Can't argue with that, and he even provides a courtesy car for the day. The dealer is under instruction not to unwrap or wash the car during PDI and they've confirmed we can have it as it comes, straight off the transporter. Sorted. :)

Crickey. That's a good price. I'd have happily paid that. Took me 10 hours today, all by hand. I was getting quotes in excess of £650 for the full GTechniq works! Edited by Devonshiredave

Was covered in swirl marks n scratches. Couldn't have that so spent 10 hours giving her some love. Hoping the sun shines tomorrow to see if the marks still show. Will have to book in to a detailers if they're still showing to get it mopped.

It's nice to get it base lined so that all you have to do is maintain it!

The Styling and Car Care Area on this forum has some very knowledgeable people for tips and advice, however seeing the list of products you have used you are obviously comfortable with this task.

• Like 1

That does look rather nice (my favourite colour combination on a Superb is Rosso Brunello / beige / Ivory) providing you can keep it clean, which due to my work car park I cannot (gets very dusty on dry days)

That does look rather nice (my favourite colour combination on a Superb is Rosso Brunello / beige / Ivory) providing you can keep it clean, which due to my work car park I cannot (gets very dusty on dry days)

Get some detailer Giz. Quick spritz after drying and she'll shine up a treat.
  • Like 1

Get some detailer Giz. Quick spritz after drying and she'll shine up a treat.

Something like Gyeon WetCoat or Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer is always handy, and you don't even need to dry first. Just wash down (with sealed paint you can just jet wash off in a minute, no mits needed) and then spray on WetCoat. It bonds to the paint/sealer and just needs rinsing off. It's very hydrophobic and helps stop new muck/salt/spray sticking. Not bad stuff at all.

Something like Gyeon WetCoat or Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer is always handy, and you don't even need to dry first. Just wash down (with sealed paint you can just jet wash off in a minute, no mits needed) and then spray on WetCoat. It bonds to the paint/sealer and just needs rinsing off. It's very hydrophobic and helps stop new muck/salt/spray sticking. Not bad stuff at all.

The Gyeon stuff looks really good. I considered that. Looks like Dodo Juice for the glass.

If you live in a hard water area...as I do...then its important to carefully dry the paintwork in order to avoid the dreaded water marks.

• Like 2

If you live in a hard water area...as I do...then its important to carefully dry the paintwork in order to avoid the dreaded water marks.

For sure, but WetCoat (or Sonax Turbo detailer, or... whatever) still makes it easier. Since far less water clings to the bodywork there's a heck of a lot less to be dried off. Particularly handy after rain, for example, when you're not going to be running out with a waffle towel to dry the car... again. :D

In the last half hour this thread just 'made' me spend another fifty quid on some Sonax Xtreme Clear View Nano concentrate screenwash, Sonax Xtreme Glass Cleaner Nano Pro, Gyeon Q2M Iron (my alloys are caked in brake dust), Gyeon WetCoat and even more microfibre drying towels... I should have ignored the reply notifications and stayed on YouTube haha.

Edited by Derv
  • Like 1