Non Tri-Zone Climate rear Air vents - Temp Control - How ?

Non Tri-Zone Climate rear Vents - Temp ?

Quick question, how is the rear temp on a non tri-zone fitted car controlled ?

Is this mirrored to the drivers set temp or the passengers set temp (or even another temp!)  or a combi of both ?

It would appear the Knurl Wheel only control's the opening / closing of the vents?

Thanks.

Edited by RickTT

I would assume it's set to the driver's temperature. I have the same in my i40; rear air vents that the rear passengers can open and close, but no temperature control. It's more likely to be set to the driver's temperature because if there is no front seat passenger, it would be more difficult for the driver to regulate if it was set to the passenger temp.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by grebble

On my MKII Octy Scout, the rear temperature is dictated by the front seat passengers temperature settings.

Thanks - I was wondering if the airducts got switched from LHD to RHD.

Surely, if you turn one side right down, the other right up, and put your hand in front of the outlet in the back, you'll find out???

When the car arrives on Monday I will be trying it and report back.

Just checked, it's the passenger side temp that goes to the rear.

Thanks for this... I guess it's logical in the sense The driver has his temp and then the passengers all have the same other set temp.

Wonder if this is the same in the left hand drive ........ Or they have left the airducting the same on both cars.

Thanks all

Edited by RickTT

It doesn't make any sense to have the rear passengers temperature dictated by the drivers preference. So he can have any temperature he wants, as long as he has his rear passengers permission?

In most brochures the main USP of purchasing or upgrading to Dual or Triple Zone Climate Control is they emphasise the driver and his passengers can sit back and relax each in a temperature of their choosing.

The fact the Octy Scout had dual zone CC was one of its (many) selling points of upgrading from my Honda Civic, as the Civic only had one zone 'Take it or leave it' CC!

Well you learn something every day - just checked my i40 and the rear vents are set to the passenger temperature. I guess it makes little difference if there is a front seat passenger or not, because when the dual mode is switched off, the entire car is governed by the driver's preference.

I had an 07 Civic with dual zone climate control, but that didn't have any rear air vents.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by grebble
  • Like 1